Deleware for stripers???? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Deleware for stripers????

Chrome4life
06-25-2003, 03:09 PM
I will be visting my grandmothers house this up coming week. I was wondering if there are any opportunities to catch stripers and other salt dwelling fish on the fly??? I have fished for stripers on conventional tckl with my grandparents friends but I am a big flyfisherman and just wondering where to try, cause there is noyt alot to do there and figured stripers would be great along with other fish...If you have any info what so ever please email me steelieboy4life@yahoo.com

juro
06-26-2003, 08:31 AM
(bump)

I'm not sure what residency stripers take in summer there but they were sure all over the Delaware area in winter according to folks from that area... maybe a search on keywords would rouse up the folks from that area or past info

BARDY
06-26-2003, 10:00 AM
I belong to a club called the Delaware Saltwater Fly Rodders who will be coming up to fish with us in August. If you e-mail Rick Ranalli(rran2534@aol.com) he can give you info on Delaware. Tell him you were given his name by a member and friend of Bill O'Connor. Hope it pays off.
Brian O'Connor

dansteelieman
06-27-2003, 10:21 PM
Are the fish in the backbays and estuaries right now or more towards the surf? What about flats, are any avalible in the area. I believe that most of it will be surfin' like I do for steelhead here. I know I will have my spey rod on the beach if so!

ScotsPhil
06-30-2003, 09:03 AM
The world really is a small place.

Rick Ranalli is the guy who showed me where and what to fish with the fly on my first two vacations to Delaware. I emailed him only this morning to exchange notes on how the fishing was in Delaware/Scotland.

I, for one, am so grateful that communities like the Forum and the Saltwater Fly Fishers of Delaware exist and are on the web 'cos it unites fly rodders from around the globe and saves people like me from casting in the dark. It's only 9 weeks on Thursday 'till I have the chance to fish your waters!!!