Breakfast at Larry's 6/14 - 6/22 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Breakfast at Larry's 6/14 - 6/22

Adrian
06-22-2003, 12:42 PM
What a way to spend a week! Many of the days I fished have been well covered by other reports so I wont go into details except to say I fished every day and caught fish every day. Big Bro. day on Sunday got off to an auspicious start with a 40 incher from the bathtub at first light - my biggest striper ever which took me way into the backing and somehow managed to stay connected for a release. My only regret is I didn't get to fish the surf side as much as I'd planned - guess I'll just have to get back up there!

Yesteray (Saturday) turned out to be a banner session since I got to NM on the 08:00 Rip Ryder to find I had the entire crib all to myself. A few other anlgers appeared on the horizon from the 09:00 but they all headed for points west.

From the "S" bend working "downstream" (East on the outgoing) it was just me, screaming diving terns and Stripers pushing through the strong ebb current. Biggest fish went 35" with most in the 26 - 28 inch range. Hooked up on every second cast on average for about an hour and a half. Once the tide went slack that was it - I legged it up to the North end and tried a few shots at points in between but it was done and I was on the 4:00 p.m. return shuttle. Somehow I just hadn't had enough so I pulled in at Bridge street, walked up to the first corner and had a 26 incher on the second cast. Feeling complete, I got showered and headed to the Squire for my nth serving of Monomy steamers in seven days.

striblue
06-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Great Report Adrian... and The bridge sreet fish was big for that location. A productive 7 days..

jfbasser
06-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Glad you had a good time, Adrian. Nothing like a fly rod, stripers, a good start with breakfast at Larry's and then steamers to cap off the day.

juro
06-22-2003, 03:17 PM
A fine week in striper heaven!!