PM Box Question [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: PM Box Question

FishHawk
06-19-2003, 05:40 AM
It seems to me that you cannot have too many messages in your PM box before it gets full. What is the limit of messages kept? I have noticed that many times when trying to PM a member their PM box is full. Thanks for your help in advance . FishHawk

Dble Haul
06-19-2003, 08:15 AM
Messages in PM boxes can be hidden from view at times. I believe that the limit of messages that can be held in the inbox and outbox combined is in the neighborhood of 28.

The confusion can come when viewing your inbox or outbox. If the default setting is to only show activity for the past two days, then any messages, whether incoming or outgoing, will be hidden from view. To see where your messages really are numberwise, change the view from two days to something much higher. They will then become viewable and you can do some housecleaning as necessary.

At the bottom of the Flytalk homepage, underneath the box showing the current active users, is a box titled "Private Messages". The total number of messages you are holding is displayed here...it's another way to check you box status.

Slinger
06-25-2003, 01:38 AM
I can`t seem to empty mine, it only showed 4 messages and I got rid of them but the page still says that I have 25 more in folders.
Slinger

Slinger
06-25-2003, 01:43 AM
Never mind, I figured it out, see I`m gettin more better at this all the time!
Slinger