Fly Fishing Forum banner

Lake Superior Provincial Park

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Puck 
#1 ·
I am taking my son canoe camping/fishing. He is a never ever flyfisherman. I have dabbled in it for a few years now. I suspect the ponds and lacks in this area will be loaded with a variey of fish. So my question is What have others caught in this area and what are the best fly patterns to use? I have been tying wooly buggers and leadwing coachmans.

Thanks

#3 ·
Hi Puck

Lake Superior Prov park WOW I'm envious, I have only fished at Sault Ste Marie which isn't as far north as that but we had really good luck there. If you are interested I may be able to come up with some peoples email addresses that you could contact for info, I also have a map around here somewhere that shows what runs in what rivers along the Lake Superior coast. When are you going and what direction are you driving from, up from the soo or from Thunder Bay.

Let me know
Bill Gass

PS and to think that my main trip this year is only up to the Restigouche River.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys.

I am coming up from the Soo. I don't know which lakes or ponds I am headed. I called the ranger and He said just come and check it out there is plenty of water. I am trying to find a used canoe. I may be forced into renting one.

I will have my 11 year old son who has never flyfished. He casts well on the lawn with his 5 wt.

We are planning on a canoe camping/fishing trip. I thought he would have fun with pickerel, walleyes and smallmouths (hell I would have fun with all of that) I have been tying up a bunch of wooly buggers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.