Father's Day morning [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Father's Day morning

KerryS
06-16-2003, 05:12 PM
The morning was all mine to do what ever I wanted.

I decided to spend the early part of the day fishing the Deer Creek riffle. I got up at 4 to beat the expected crowds and headed straight to the Stilly. Much to my surprise I was the first one to arrive.

I fished almost the entire run before anyone else showed. I looked up river and reconized George with his stripping basket fishing the top of the riffle. No fish but a perfect morning on the river. Quiet, no crowds.

Headed back up behind George for one more shot at the run. George headed up to the mouth of Deer Creek leaving the run to me. Again I fished the entire run alone. Again no bites. But, what a great moring. Not often one get to fish Deer Creek alone.

Mean Mr Mustard
06-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Took the kid up to the secret lake for our last trip until fall. Caught one on a bad imitation of a Pheasant Tail nymph which I had tyed earlier that morning. Tore the fly up so I switched to a black/purple leech and hooked 5 more, some quite large, but all LDR'ed. Frustrating in that regard but a great day overall.

Now that school is coming to an end and the boy getting a new spey rod, looks like the rivers will get our attention. From past performances, just another couple bodies taking up room while frothing the water - no threat here.:o

mmm