Float trip time. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Float trip time.

Mean Mr Mustard
06-16-2003, 12:34 PM
To avoid the shuttle problems inherent in floating the river, my son and I are thinking of floating the upper Skagit from Marblemount to Rockport's Steelhead Park with the spouse to pick us up in Rockport. Does anyone know the float/fishing time needed to complete this trip?

mmm

sinktip
06-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Triple M,

This run can take you all day or 5-6 hours depending on how much you stop to fish. It is nice water with nothing to be concerned about and has some good holding water.

If time is not an issue, I would plan on 8-9 hours and take your time.

st

Mean Mr Mustard
06-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Sinktip,

My son and I have grown accustomed to counting on you to answer and, as usual, you did not disapoint.:)

Thanks,

mmm

MJC
06-16-2003, 02:41 PM
Hey MMM, You can try out those Muddler variations. I want to hear some BIG fish reports. Don't let yourself get outfished.;)
Take care, MJC

Mean Mr Mustard
06-16-2003, 05:06 PM
MJC,

Don't have any Muddlers, Mike. Pretty much looking at throwing some lightly dressed spey flies until the waters warm, then trying out some nice surface flies the Sinktip sent me last year.

In my estimation, this will be a very good year, made so by many new friends. Thanks all!

mmm

Mean Mr Mustard
06-17-2003, 06:53 PM
MJC,

You simply outdid yourself, oh marvelous merchant. Muddlers indeed. Got a whole bunch now! Did you tie them? And if you did, I quit. Well, I'll stay with the hard-body leeches as the multiple coats of nail polish hide the imperfections.:o

Thanks again,

mmm

MJC
06-18-2003, 12:19 PM
MMM, You don't have to quit as I didn't tie them. Mine are somewhat cruder. All I was doing was chumming a little.:devil:
The part about not letting Christopher outfish you still goes. Catch a BIG one. Take care, MJC

cupo
06-20-2003, 04:02 AM
If you are concerned about time you can take out at Sutter Creek. It will shave about 2 miles off the trip.