Town Cove/Nauset Harbor near Eastham/Orleans, MA [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Town Cove/Nauset Harbor near Eastham/Orleans, MA

pmjasper
06-12-2003, 07:32 AM
Hi guys,
Well the time is almost here for my trip and in doing some research on the areas I will attempt to fish I came up with one question......Does anyone here know the approximate depth of Town Cove/Nauset Harbor near Eastham/Orleans, MA? I attempted to seek out sharts showing this specific area but could find none down here in Jersey. Tide will play a big factor in where I fish each day and I don't want to be in an area that is high and dry when the tide pulls out. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

metzpetit@aol.com

juro
06-12-2003, 07:57 AM
Your best bet is to contact Harry Koons of Nauset Angler, Orleans. He is our long-time sponsor and a very knowledgable angler from the area.

I haven't spent much time fishing in the cove since I am more apt to go oversand from Orleans to Chatham Inlet when in the area. It's a popular launch area, but I am not familiar with the specifics of launching/take out in tides there.

nausetangler.com

jfbasser
06-12-2003, 08:45 AM
I believe that the Goose Hummock kayak shop runs a lot of kayak trips in that cove. They are located in Orleans.

FredA
06-12-2003, 12:12 PM
http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/outdoor/watertrek1.htm

The above article may be of interest to you, there's a link to a map too I believe.

pmjasper
06-12-2003, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the article, although it may have confused me a little more. What I mean is that the article makes the Harbor sound like a tranquil, quiet, natural place although when looking at other articles and talking to people, it seems to get alot of boat/kayaking traffic, thus potentially not making for the best fishing area. I think the more I research, the more inclined I am to fish this area early in the morning or later in the day and on a full/high tide. I guess the only way to truely find out is by getting there and checking it out. In any event, it sounds like a nice paddle.