Block Island [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Block Island

saltydog
06-10-2003, 04:54 PM
Im going to Block Island to fish the rip tomorrow, I was told it's 7-70' an is always moving, a friend of mine got a 33'er an was out there last week an caught a 25lb"er Im taking my digital camera,for a few shots, in between fishin,taging,fishin a 350,450. teeny for the big drops.Ill see if I can find the pic of skips fish,an post it.
"GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN":smokin:

saltydog
06-10-2003, 05:04 PM
I found it , take a look,
'GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN":smokin:

joe wojtan
06-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by saltydog
I found it , take a look,

Salty
Is that you holding the Striper, or is it the mate?
How big was it in length and weight.
Joe :chuckle: :chuckle:

striblue
06-15-2003, 09:12 PM
Salty.... BIG fish... 40 plus ...Right? Only that does not look like you.. With a little Adobe Photoshop work I could change it to look like you;)

saltydog
06-17-2003, 05:54 PM
JOHN, NO! thats one of the guys that has the boat on block island. Joe it's not me. BUT heres a few pics. NO BIG fish taken that afternoon was windy, the rips is un real. it about 2 mile long just take monomoy rip an extend it.some spots were 7-9' then droped off. which was where most of the fish are caught. captain Al said on a good day you can see fish everywhere. will have to check that out anouther SUNNY day. well Ill post a few pic.

john, if you can let me know in "advance" when your going to monomoy an I setup a time to meet.:smokin:

first pic, is looking out the back of AL ANDERSONS 42'

saltydog
06-17-2003, 06:00 PM
This one is DUSK at the north rip. thats me, of the back of the boat. :smokin:

saltydog
06-17-2003, 06:02 PM
this is me again w/ a fish on, all the stripers were around 29" an fat as footballs. :smokin:

striblue
06-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Great Photo's Rich ...looks like a nice day and early eve....

joe wojtan
06-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by saltydog
this is me again w/ a fish on, all the stripers were around 29" an fat as footballs. :smokin:

Damm, I'm sure that there is a good reason for those reduced pictures, but I don't think it does any justice to what would be more viewable(sp) and more detailed.
Salty I'm sure it was a very enjoyable trip.
Joe ;) ;) ;)

saltydog
06-18-2003, 02:00 PM
JOE, I can only post them at that size I have to keep it under 500pixels, if there was a way to post them larger I be glad to. the trip was great got to fish w/ Al Anderson, quite a legand he has taged 7000 in the Thanes,an has taged 1300, fish this season so far. he has had some 3000 tages. I got to have all my fish taged w/my name, that trip, an if any ever get retrived I will be notified,where an when.