Server Upgrade Project - Started [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Server Upgrade Project - Started

juro
06-09-2003, 08:04 PM
With the success of recent auctions and sponsorships, we have begun the first phase of the 2003 Server Upgrade Project! Give yourselves a big pat on the back for making our future a little more reliable, and thank your sponsors with your business.

Over the next few weeks, Sean will be bringing to life a system that has much greater capabilities than we have today. That means more frequent (yet still rationed) casting and fishing videos, no more dbase errors caused by exceeded resource limits, and in line images on posts up to a reasonable byte size unless we run into trouble again.

My part in this will be to move the pages and graphics over while Sean does the heavy lifting (database, discussion board, etc). There have been a number of graphic intensive features that have been held back until this upgrade, we'll see them live soon.

More updates to follow... onward to a much better platform for us coming SOON! :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

fredaevans
06-09-2003, 08:40 PM
:D

fae

doogue
06-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Juro,

As I sit here eating breakfast and reading last night's posts I cannot help but feel like I need to donate some funds for the server upgrade. I get a lot of joy and info out of the Forum.

Should I donate via PayPal to your account or is some other method preferred?

Let me know.

Many thanks to you and Sean for your efforts!

Might hit the Pemi this weekend by the way but the Cape is too much of a haul for me. I wanted to make Big Brother Day but, alas, I cannot.

-Mike

juro
06-10-2003, 06:46 AM
Jump in on an auction, recruit a sponsor, chip in on an event, etc. Rumor is we'll have some more top gear on the block very soon too. There are an infinite number of ways to chip in, and everyone appreciates the results.

We can definitely use some help getting pages up once we move over and you have a knack for that.

We will have a big target for the winter shows - $650 in Marlboro, $675 in Seattle. The deposits are placed this month. We'll need help later in the year so you can hold off if you wish there will be plenty more chances to chip in.

Too bad you can't make the BBday! Good luck on the Pemi... there are salmon sitting behind rockpiles from the bridge all the way down, also smallmouth and some very nice sized rainbows and brookies. If you look down from the middle of the bridge on a bright day you will see what I mean.