FINAL UPDATE TREAD-Rip Trip- 6/7 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum


06-06-2003, 08:35 AM
I just called Ed and we are ON... as of now... everyone meet at the causeway at 6 am no later than 6:30... we leave at POST HERE ANY FINAL QUESTIONS....MY NUMBER AT THE COTTAGE IS IN THE BOOK. i WILL CALLL kEITH AGAIN AT AROUND 3.

06-06-2003, 08:37 AM

Is CAC full? If so I will leave at 3:30 and see you on the causeway.

06-06-2003, 08:39 AM
Final Roster....... Me (striblue), Creighton, JayM, CSJ60, Craig, Shadfreak (2 persons), Flyfreak, evj263 , and JimS.

06-06-2003, 08:41 AM
I will be down late ..maybe around 10 pm... shad his buddy and you can stay at CAC... I do not expect anyone from the family down since Graduation for son number 1 is Sunday... bring sleeping bags.

06-06-2003, 08:41 AM
Where is the causeway ?

06-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Can you give me (PM) directions to CAC?

06-06-2003, 08:45 AM
The road leading up to Morris Island... I will wait at the light house parking area across from the Coast guard station until 6:30 give or take.... so guys can meet there first then train down to the causway. You can't miss me ,I will be the incredably handsome guy with a white mustach......

06-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Craig... your mail box is full. please empty it.. thanks

06-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Morris Island Road ?
I'm just looking at a map trying to figure it out.

06-06-2003, 11:16 AM
The directions are right here:

Rip it up guys! I am jealous!


06-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Thanks Dave !!
We'll rip it just for you,
we'll try to make the striped bass hate us !!

06-06-2003, 12:46 PM

I just emptied my inbox, sorry.

06-06-2003, 01:05 PM

06-06-2003, 01:22 PM
I just emptied mine.

06-06-2003, 01:33 PM
Just spoke to Keith again and he says that it is really honking down there now... so we left it that I would call him this evening on my way down between 8 and 10.... If we can't go he will take us to South Beach where he said 7 ,34 inch stripers were caught today from the crews he dropped off there... so plan B looks good... as you know I will be there one way or another. I will check this thread in caouple hours anyway but will not have my lap top with me this evening.

06-06-2003, 01:44 PM

Can you call someone and have them post the final go/no go call?

That way, those of us coming down in the morning can make an informed decision whether to make the drive or not. Perhaps you can PM me your cell # and I'll call you at 9pm?


06-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Jay, Keith says he will post this evening but I also PM'd you my Cottage and cell numbers... I might not be there at 9... try all evening after that time... I might be on the line but only for calls ,no Internet usage so you would be bound to get though at some point.

Rip Ryder
06-06-2003, 04:29 PM
After Sundays boched Forecast and again today on the wind. I think we will stay inside. I can't say, 100% with a front coming in during the after noon, it will not increase more than the 10-15 SW they are calling for. I have been doing the add 5 rule and it is a little more realistic, than the forecast.
South Beach is the place to be lately. Three days in a row good numbers of keeper size fish, I am talking in the 30's. Saw a 36" at the drop off today and watched a young boy loss a monster on spinning gear. Quite a few guys came in saying they had mid 30 fish and good numbers of pods coming over the flats at the J bouy and the G bouy.

See you at 0700.


06-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Ok Keith... I will be there at 7.... atleast we get an early going... Craig is out...but for those who want to fish tomorrow we have the 7 am boat which is nice... talk to you tommorrow .

06-06-2003, 09:42 PM
There are a ton of fish around on SB. Very consistent today except at dead low when they were probably sitting in trenches. Find the trench and it's a goldmine. Other times in strong current they were roaming around in the skinny stuff :D