Ok, all you in the fly swap, please read [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Ok, all you in the fly swap, please read

Steelheader69
06-05-2003, 03:56 PM
I have 9 sets of flies, should have a total of 11 (we had 2 drop out). Problem is, not sure who is who on some, since they only included real name. So don't want to put out a list of real names. So, if you have sent your flies in, thanks. If you haven't, please let me know ASAP if you have sent yours and ETA. I'd like to wrap up the flies and resend them.

Thanks

SparseHairHackl
06-05-2003, 04:08 PM
You should have received my flies last Thursday. I also sent you an e-mail. I would like to know if you received the flies and the e-mail.

--Bill Koran (SparseHairHackle)

removed_by_request
06-05-2003, 04:21 PM
Hopefully you have mine by now, mjyp aka Mark P.

Doktor T
06-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Mine were black body with silver rib, hot orange chenille butt and grizzly hackly tied back on a no 4 or 6 hook, I ferget. I call them a Hot Butt Grizzly. Ya-all let me know how they hold up if a fish chomps on them. I do put a drop of glue on them here and there with the idea they might last 2 or 3 strikes at least before they get threadbare.

:hehe:

Steelheader69
06-23-2003, 01:33 AM
Sorry about the delay on the flies. Been on L&I, so money has been tight, but had more then enough to send flies out, before I blew out the U joints in my blazer. Normally, I can fix myself, but can't use my arm to fix it, and hard to pull the front axle apart one handed. So had to take to shop. So literally was running on a few dollars in my account. Just got my check in mail Saturday late, so will have them out tomorrow after I get check deposited. Hard living on two checks a month when I normally get paid every week (and being shorted $800 a month doesn't help either).

Sorry for the delay guys. Will be out tomorrow.

speybum
06-23-2003, 01:49 AM
You know mine
:devil:

Steelheader69
06-23-2003, 02:47 AM
I'm gonna have to make a run to your shop and check out those materials you're using. Normally I buy most through a distributor, but I liked the stuff you used on yours. I know someone else was using it as well on thier patterns. Great stuff.

Steelheader69
06-24-2003, 09:34 PM
They were mailed this AM. Also a warning. Be careful opening your packages. I tied up the patterns for the guys who couldn't make the swap. Only one problem, I forgot to put them in with the mix. Didn't want to short you guys who sent in your full amount and come up getting shorted in return. So, did a quick cut with my razor and stashed them in the mailers. So, you'll have two loose flies. They aren't experimentals though. They are actually two patterns that have worked well for me on the OP. No namers, just flies I use. Simple and work.

speybum
06-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Got the flies thank guys.
Can not wait to get them to water.
:devil:

Doktor T
07-01-2003, 09:14 AM
Got the flies yesterday. Nice stuff. In particular, the woven bodies done by SpeyBum and Ol Rich are just amazingly buggy beautiful. This is a nice set and I will bemoan every one I lose to the fish or snags.

At least next swap I join I will provide a recipe like Ol Rich did.

Thank you to everyone, and especially Steelhead69 for hosting.

Regards,

Ol Rich
07-01-2003, 10:28 PM
are beautiful. I am not sure I can bring myself to tie one on and risk the chance of losing it. It would be great to know who tied which fly. I know Speybum's, Bill put his name on his and Fred's is the only one on a double.

Have the individual pictures been posted so we can access the recipies? The information with my flies shows the folly of relying on spell checker. The Tail is the "Center" hair and the Hackel is Orange "dyed" Game Cock (I changed to Orange dyed Guinea which I prefer. Guess I am going through a Guinea phase.)

Rich

SparseHairHackl
07-04-2003, 12:51 AM
Thanks to everyone who participated in the swap. I haven't done a swap in a few years and it was great to get back in one. Definitely some nice flies.

I, too, would like a key to the flies to know who tied which flies. I toe-tagged mine; could other participants say what they tied?

--Bill

Steelheader69
07-04-2003, 03:17 AM
But what I'll do, is take pics and repost, and everyone can say "this is mine" and give recipe. Sound good???

fredaevans
07-04-2003, 03:38 AM
fae

Steelheader69
07-05-2003, 07:33 PM
Go over to the fly pattern archive and you'll see them all listed