Help For a Friend [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Help For a Friend

pastortd
06-01-2003, 07:04 PM
If you happened to be in the "Road 48" area recently and found a rod and/or reel, please check out the link below. A friend of mine lost his, and they are priceless to him for sentimental reasons. Really appreciate the help.

-- T.

Lost Rod and Reel (http://www.sonic.net/~gmiller/cgi-bin/ncffb.cgi?read=194330 )

fishheadfred
06-03-2003, 01:23 AM
have several rods that very, very special to me.would just kill me if something happened to one of my children, i mean, my rods. hopefully it is in good hands and will be returned, there are still a few honest people out there....i think.

pastortd
06-09-2003, 06:56 PM
FOUND AND RETURNED Thanks! =)

(Details - )http://www.sonic.net/~gmiller/cgi-bin/ncffb.cgi?read=195615

juro
06-09-2003, 07:03 PM
GREAT NEWS!!

fishheadfred
06-09-2003, 08:14 PM
how' bout that!!!!! that's great!!!!!;)

fredaevans
06-09-2003, 08:29 PM
that.

Old story but last year I left two Spey Rods against the car parked next to me while attending to a Pooch with a badly cut paw. Drove off to the vets and later did an AH S.....!

USAA was prepared to send me the check when guy who found the rods (proped against his car) saw my add in the paper and gave me a call.

USAA claim adjuster made an interesting comment when I called and cancelled a claim based on basic stupidity: "Most folks wouldn't have called .. they would have taken the money." Told gal that didn't fit into my personal code of ethics, nor my 'oath of office.'
fae

fredaevans
06-09-2003, 08:30 PM
that.

Old story but last year I left two Spey Rods against the car parked next to me while attending to a Pooch with a badly cut paw. Drove off to the vets and later did an AH S.....!

USAA was prepared to send me the check when guy who found the rods (proped against his car) saw my add in the paper and gave me a call.

USAA claim adjuster made an interesting comment when I called and cancelled a claim based on basic stupidity: "Most folks wouldn't have called .. they would have taken the money." Told gal that didn't fit into my personal code of ethics, nor my 'oath of office.'
fae