Rip Trip 6/31 Cancelled, BUT [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rip Trip 6/31 Cancelled, BUT

Rip Ryder
05-30-2003, 05:34 PM
The Rip Trip is cancelled due to increasing winds tomorrow, but everyone seems willing to do the 7 am trip to South Beach.
Just park on the Causeway and the van will pick everyone up.
Hope to see you in the morning.

Keith

jfbasser
05-30-2003, 07:30 PM
No problem...We will be eating breakfast at the PX and be coming up the hill at 6:30

striblue
05-30-2003, 11:41 PM
To bad about the cancellation but a early trip to south beach should be the next best thing...nice and early.

bonefishmon
05-31-2003, 09:10 AM
Sorry I didn't make it fellas.. Perhaps if it had been sunny. Please give us a report when you get back.

Phil

FredA
05-31-2003, 02:10 PM
Ah Phil. I suspect you blew it. Just getting overcast here in the Taunton area. Been nice with little wind up to now. I bet they had a banner morning on South Beach. Me, I spent the best part of the day cleaning out the in-laws cellar. I figure I ought to make it down the cape in time for the 20-30 MPH wind and rain. Oh well, life s#cks then you die.

jfbasser
05-31-2003, 08:28 PM
Met Fishhawk at Larry's PX and made my usual feeble attempt at getting scrambled eggs. Getting closer though, this week I got over easy. Better than the sunnyside I had last week. Scrambled up to Keiths and Hawk got some early fish at the stairs:D .. Met the group and headed out to South Beach. Early action saw some bluefish. I believe all caught stripes during the day.. Chris broke the bank with a nice keeper. Good sunny day with little wind. Nice view on the oceanside at about 9 o'clock. Going to tie some fire orange flies for next time. That color seems to be very visible on the oceanside, especially with the cool east breeze:devil:

Went shopping with Doc and Hawk after the fishing. Left Doc pondering a new kayak purchase and then Hawk and I finished up with a sub and called it a day:)

bonefishmon
06-01-2003, 10:07 AM
Geeez! AO Hell weather report was for mostly cloudy weather all day, wind 10- 20 knots. What time did the clouds and wind come? Did you guys fish until 4 PM? If it wasn't for the 2.5 hour drive and a better weathersenario I would have come. Glad to hear all had a good time though. My weekends are all booked for any future Rip Trips in June. Is there a Monomoy Clave this year?

Phil

jfbasser
06-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Clouds showed up at about 2 pm..We were picked up at 3...Wind started after we left. I was hoping for a little more wind actually.