Is it my imagination or ..... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Is it my imagination or .....

Adrian
05-30-2003, 04:11 PM
...did we get stuck into this same 7 day cycle of t'storms and lousy weather every week-end this time last year? :rolleyes:

jfbasser
05-30-2003, 07:32 PM
This year is worse because it rains all week too!:rolleyes:

Wes
06-01-2003, 10:46 PM
I fished Friday and Saturday this weekend by yak. Had to travel to MA but we hammered them. Was tough water and managed only 1 fish at 31" on the fly before drag crapped but several 40 inchers out of 30-35 fish plus on spin gear, all but a few were keepers.

Adrian
06-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Way to go Jim!

I would have ventured to the cape this week-end but I am up there for a week in a coup0le of weeks :D

Hoping for more settled weather period by then.

Wes
06-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Should be great on the Cape in a couple weeks, probably have some nice May weather by then. ;) I'm thinking it's time to check Norwalks again soon. Give me a shout if you 'd like to give that a go. Guess I'd better try to figure out this drag problem quickly.

steelheadmike
06-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Wes,

Heading up there this week after work. Let me know if you want to meet up.

Wes
06-03-2003, 07:56 AM
Mike,
Not looking like I can fish before the weekend but will be interested in what you find. Heard bunker are in harbor so should be some nice fish around there somewhere.

FredA
06-04-2003, 12:14 PM
Thinking back to last year...
Memorial Day weekend, big tides, much anticipation turned into big wind and a long, no fish, sand in your face walk, down South Beach. Pretty much a wash out.

First two weekends in June weren't bad. Had lots of fun on the Bayside despite limited time.

Fathers day weekend - also a winters dreaming and scheming weekend was something of a washout only redeemed by the Big Brother event.

The rest of June seemed fairly good though I was on vacation at the end so if the weekend was a washout I would not feel too bad.

The way things have been going, I'd take a repeat of last June, as mixed as it was.