First Fred and Myself and Now Kush? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: First Fred and Myself and Now Kush?

NrthFrk16
05-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Fred and myself celebrated birthdays yesterday (the 28th of May)...one of the best gifts ever, came to a size 6 MacSalmon and was about 22"s or so and was the trout of a lifetime (the slashing rise, the reel emptying run and the tailwalking in the distance will all be etched in my mind for many many years to come)! :whoa:

But now...NOW!!!...Kush gets to celebrate a B-day!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :smokin:

btw-you really dont look that old...and neither does Fred! :hehe: ;)

Flybob
05-30-2003, 01:01 AM
To you Ryan and of course Fred, and a Happy day to Kush.
Tight lines, long casts and screaming reels to you all.

Bob :D

BobK
05-30-2003, 07:47 AM
To have a birthday on the REAL Memorial Day! Great going, guys... Have a Happy Birthday.

BobK

fredaevans
05-30-2003, 02:39 PM
Canadian. Anything you want to tell us about Sparkie?
:devil:

kush
05-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys!

You may be interested to know that this Canadian will celebrate his 49th south of the 49th in Birch Bay and his favourite Mexican restaurant in Ferndale! :smokin:

t_richerzhagen
05-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Happy birthday to the May guys. It is funny how your perspective changes as you get older. Right now 49 seems pretty young. May you all have a blessed year.

kush
05-30-2003, 04:43 PM
Ted,

You are right - it is all in the perspective - my 12th Grade Geography class thinks 49 is prehistoric :eek:

NrthFrk16
05-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by fredaevans
Anything you want to tell us about Sparkie?
:devil:

Sparkey's mother is younger than both Kush and Fred. :razz: :hehe:

flytyer
05-31-2003, 12:10 AM
Kush,

And they are sure you are ancient when you tell them something about your teens that they are totally unfamiliar with. Their eyes glaze over and.......... I see this with the college students I teach, and they are between 18 and 35 for the most part.When the ones in their mid-30's do this, you know you are (as my now 24 year old daughter announced on my 40th) a fogey.

Just think, another 6 years and you will hit "geezerhood".

fredaevans
05-31-2003, 04:25 AM
True story. Years ago at a camp ground several young couples and Joan and Iwere playing (2 teams of 4) the game. Pies were piling up (bulk of ours due me answering the questions). Anyway, I had to take a dash to the 'head.'

As I'm walking back one of my team members came running up flashlight in hand and asked me to hurry back as 'he just knew I'd know the answer to the last question, for the last 'pie.' I did.

Anyway, the point of this ramble is they collectively asked me how I knew all of this stuff. Answered 'for you this is all history, for me it was current events.'
fae

juro
06-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Happy b-day guys! You're all very young.... AT HEART :hehe:

I should talk, 43 this year.

fredaevans
06-09-2003, 07:37 PM
:D

Just kidding, in all honesty having met you at the Sandy 'Clave a bit back, I'd never have guessed. You "winter over" well.
fae