Warmwater flyfishing for Bass and other species Magazine [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Warmwater flyfishing for Bass and other species Magazine

fishheadfred
05-30-2003, 12:11 AM
trying to find info about this magazine...can't locate it on the web and can't find any info about content...would like to know more about the publication before subscribing. Anyone familiar with it? It is published by the same clearing house that publishes Fly Tyer and American Angler...at least that's my understanding.

John Desjardins
05-30-2003, 08:07 AM
I don't think it is published anymore.

Dble Haul
05-30-2003, 08:27 AM
They stopped publishing that magazine about three years ago. It just wasn't cutting it, and the same company also publishes American Angler, Fly Tyer, and Saltwater Flyfishing. They weren't getting what they needed from it, and sent notice that warmwater would get more coverage in American Angler. I really haven't seen that much of an increase in the warmwater content of that magazine, but I'm workin' on it. ;)

It was a real disappointment to see that mag not be offered any longer. I really enjoyed it for the novelty and niches that it filled.

fishheadfred
05-31-2003, 08:59 PM
i was afraid it was out of circulation....there's just not enough warmwater coverage in other mags......and you are right about the dahlberg's....i use a alot of marabou tied in on top of a mink zonker....getting some really nice fish, especially when the frogs are out!!!!

fishheadfred
06-03-2003, 12:06 AM
maybe a couple of us Southern boys oughtta put a little pressure on AA and see if we can squeeze in a warmwater article more than twice a year........maybe threaten to TP thier offices or something