Fly Fishing Forum banner

Revivex for GoreTex?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fredaevans 
#1 · (Edited)
My wading jacket needs help...
If any of our sponsors carry Revivex waterproofing restoring spray for GoreTex fabric could you chime in or PM me? I'd like to keep it in the family here if I can.
Thanks

#3 ·
Chris,
Before you go out and buy something, have you tried washing and drying the coat? Sometimes it's just dirt and grime that's causing the problems. Also, running the coat through the dryer for a short time(be careful you don't melt it) 'reactivates' something in the gore-tex- I think it's 'DWR' or some other acronym that causes the surface to shed water.

It might not work, but it's free, so it's worth a shot.

-Matt

#5 ·
Thanks guys,
I have washed it but havn't been out in a blow yet to find out if that's all it needed.The instructions on Revivex is to spray it on wet fabric then dry it at a given temp I don't remeber for I think 50 min. to activate it. The heat may reactivate the old stuff.

#6 ·
Chris, everyone above is correct.

However, this is expensive stuff so do the washing in Woolite on gentle/warm water, double rinse then the spray on stuff while the jacket is still wet.

I've been doing this for years on my old (at least 10 year old gortex coat) quite successfully.
fae

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.