Fly Fishing Forum banner

flylogic, what do you think?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tonyd 
#1 ·
I am going to Alaska/Russia to fish primarily for big rainbows and char, but the possibility of running into silvers is there. I have been thinking about another backup 8wt and have been looking at less expensive rods. I have not seen anything on this forum aboout Flylogic. Any info. would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Actually, I'd be interested in this thread, also. FlyLogic has some reasonably-priced gear, but I'm a bit leary about sinking any cash into it as I've heard nothing about the quality of goods, and none of our local shops carry it.
Does anyone have information regarding their rods or blanks?

#3 ·
Flylogic stuff

I had some of their stuff for a year. It was okay but overpriced, even for low priced stuff. Do yourself a favor and check out his website and give Bonefish Bob a call. he has a huge selection of used rods and i bet you can get a top quality rod for a really good price. Last time I was in there a couple years ago he had rods that were top of the line a year or two before for half price. he takes stuff on trade in for new stuff and then resells it ( at least that was what I got from my conversation with the guy at the counter) . Good idea if you ask me.
bonefishbob.com

#4 ·
LOTS of FlyLogic rods & reels going cheap on EBay these days.All by the same seller as well.Their Optimium Plus is probably a solid rod,but they seem awfully heavy compared to say Sage or Loomis.

My 10ft 9wt GLX weighs 3.85 ounces,while a 9ft 7wt Optimum Plus is around 4 13/16.The 9ft 8wt is 5 ounces,which is pretty heavy for a 8wt IMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.