Chatham-5/17 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham-5/17

striblue
05-17-2003, 08:18 PM
5:30 am... down to the light house...overcast, COLD! and easterly, north easterly wind..honking and blustery... sat in my car and John Mulander comes by walking his dog and we sit and chat in my car about fly tying... walked to the point.. nothing... last of the outgoing anyway... then to the Rip Rider at 8.. Penguin chooses to stay in Yarmouth... so I see a bunch of guys ready to go out and Ed says that Dave Pearson is down there and I had not seen him in a year..so I decide to go... Dave is one of the best Flats guys around and a great guy as well as great company... COLD and still windy .. but some die hards go out... saw a couple hook ups but I am fishing at the end of the low... two small ones and one Mackerel.. (with small Featherbrains)about 15 inches long... Back on the 11 am.... to much.... It was starting to clear... but forget it... Penguin and Joh Mulander meet at CAC to tye flys and take photos. ...great report huh... anyway... I did wear waders... but nobody saw me except Dave.:hehe:

Penguin
05-17-2003, 10:24 PM
Waders...The IronAlloyMan wore WADERS???
So much for "Global Warming", apple pie, urban legends...
I saw them drying in the what felt like an October sun...
They were lined with lemming pelts, had the CAC monigram, signed by Isaac Walton, and came with a matching ascot!
Bon pantaloons!

Got a few tiny stripes from the Herring and Parker Rivers on the way back to Area 61...Maybe try Lewis Bay in the AM?! weshallsee

FredA
05-18-2003, 02:14 AM
Just woke up for the 0 dark 30 commute. Weather channel says its 27 degrees, huh. But it's calm, so I won't go back to bed. Maybe I'll go to South Beach and try for one of them mackrel thingies.

FishHawk
05-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Ironman I should have checked the causeway. Dick and I went to the tub and found a sweet spot lots of small fish. Dick got one nice fish . Should have called the CAC but misplaced your phone number. Next time we'll let you know in advance. FishHawk:smokin:

jfbasser
05-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Tub also produced in the am of 5/18....good numbers and a few good ones on maxiwings:D