Action Optics glasses [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Action Optics glasses

Bill
05-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Just picked up a pair of Action Optics (our sponsor) glasses for the new season. What a great pair of glasses! Can't wait to try them out on the water, hopefully Friday if the weather cooperates. Those big basses don't stand a chance now.

Bill

dewey
05-14-2003, 04:46 PM
I have the copper color, and I can't imagine a better lense. I feel like I'm putting on x-ray eyes, and I never go fishing without them. Nice purchase.

Bill
05-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Carter,

I got the copper too (I believe they're called copper clearwater). I went in looking for amber, actually, a color I've used in the past. I think Randy Jones and others here on the board have recommended amber if you are going for one all purpose color. But there was something about the copper I really liked because colors appeared to be more natural to me. I'm sure it's just a personal preference. I actually took several pairs out to the parking lot and tried looking through the glare of car windows. Now if they work that well on the water . . .

dewey
05-15-2003, 02:07 PM
yeah... the other thing that's cool about them is you can put them on at noon in the bright sun and leave them on until dusk and they'll work for you the whole time. can't say enough about them. but maybe that's because I'm used to those $8 jobs that get scratched when the wind blows too hard... never again!

good luck fishin'