Fly Swap- 4th- Original Flys [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fly Swap- 4th- Original Flys

striblue
05-09-2003, 10:19 AM
I would ask those who have signed up for the 4th and final swap to consider deffering it until ...say, October or November... as the first swap of next year... I am thinking that a lot is going down now in the spring for me and I am sure a number of others. I have flies from Slinger so far... I have not looked in my file..but I think I have some from a couple others... can you confirm.. is it Salty dog and Adrian that have already given me flies for the Creative swap???? Anyway... it would be a good way to start of the off season... maybe someone will come up with something original this summer. Jim Simms agrees on the other thread... As i said before... if you guys want to do it.. I can still meister since it is really no big deal for me to gather and send... but I want to make a big splash with this swap since it is the "creative" one and take a lot of pictures, etc. Any comments to this proposal? thanks.

John Desjardins
05-09-2003, 10:40 AM
Postponing it is fine with me. It gives me time to test the fly I tied for the swap.

Adrian
05-09-2003, 11:21 AM
John

I sent in flies for the creative swap. They are worm hatch patterns so they need to be in the water soon;)

Here's a pic....

http://www.avsharp.com/goldworm.jpg

DFix
05-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Waiting works for me too. Adrian - cool tie. I'll try that one in the vise Sunday nite :smokin:

ashley
05-09-2003, 06:34 PM
Postponing till October/November is fine with me as well.Even though I've done mine I can see at least 2 ways I can improve the design and I can test in September.
Ashley

MarkDoogue
05-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Since I'm a complete disaster when it comes to tying at this point, I would welcome a postponement.

I will perfect my fly and ship it to John this summer.

By the way, John, were you crossing at Dartmouth and Stuart street today(Friday, May 9th), around 1:00?

flyfisha1
05-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Yup, waiting until later in the year is fine with me.

striblue
05-09-2003, 10:16 PM
Mark, yes, that was me How did I look?;)

MarkDoogue
05-09-2003, 10:54 PM
You looked remarkebly like you......

I was in my car and caught you out of the corner of my eye.

Slinger
05-10-2003, 12:16 AM
OK by me John, allthough I was hoping for some feedback.
Slinger

saltydog
05-10-2003, 07:20 AM
NO problem w/ me, buy then Ill have NEW stuff, but heres the one for that swap if you havent see it. :eyecrazy:
"GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN":smokin:

flyfisha1
05-10-2003, 07:34 AM
Saltydog - Looks pretty cool!

striblue
05-10-2003, 08:48 AM
Don't forget..this is just a request by me...if someone else wanted to step in to complete it now they can certainly do that instead of waiting for the Fall... don't feel as though this is my baby.... anyone in the swap could certainly be the meister.to get out now... Just wanted to be sure that was clear.

shadfreak
05-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Hi John
Postponing works really well for me because I would have had to drop out.
Larry