Carrie Stevens Saltwater streamer [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Carrie Stevens Saltwater streamer

striblue
05-08-2003, 07:49 PM
Starting to tye up a couple of these.. Modeled after carrie Stevens freshwater streamers.. this is tyed Feather brain style with no nose tye... not shank wrap like the typical Stevens fly and I will try these on schoolies soon.

juro
05-08-2003, 08:14 PM
Gorgeous! Bound to catch the striper's eye.

rs2003
05-08-2003, 08:45 PM
thats a nice looking fly you got there striblue..what do you call it?
W.F.G.

striblue
05-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Just calling it a Carrie Stevens model...I don't have her name for the color combinations... I will check on those combinations and get the name she called it.

flyfisha1
05-09-2003, 07:33 AM
Cool color combination. Something with that profile would be effective in the coastal areas down here if tied to imitate the marsh killifish we have all over. Now that I think of it, I've seen them in NJ, also. Pearl belly, golden-yellow flanks, olive back with vertical barring for males (I think), same colors with horizontal barring for females... or maybe I have it mixed up... either way, they whould be effective for flatfish, blues, weakies, stripers, etc.

DFix
05-09-2003, 09:17 AM
John, it looks like a Golden Witch or Big Ben takeoff - nice!

striblue
05-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Thanks Dave.. I sort of thumbed though the book and just picked one.

pmflyfisher
05-09-2003, 11:56 AM
John,

Nice, gives me some ideas for the streamers I need to tie this month. I see we are into the Carrie Stevens saltwater series, which is new territory. This is fly tying history in the making I think !

Hal

PM Out

P.S. I am ready to do you know what to some attorneys in DC and NY right now. We have been waiting for key legal opinions for one year which are out of my control !

striblue
05-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Thanks Hal... I would like to do about 10 Stevens saltwater flys... I know what you mean about "doing you know what".

pmflyfisher
05-10-2003, 06:36 PM
John,

Never in my life have I not had a job where time was not important but these trade associaton and state government attornies appear to have them.

The issues I am dealing with unfortunately have major political and public consumer impacts so they are being very slow and deliberate in their response. Their responses will clarify key sections of new laws through out the U.S.

Oh well, will go back to something easier like tying more flies . :D

Hal

PM Out