Fly Fishing Forum banner

Any Suggestions?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fishheadfred 
#1 ·
I am just beginning to learn about fly fishing. I have a few questions. I will be fishing mainly inshore fish of the Gulf. I am about an hour North of Tampa. Should I get a 8 or 9 weight set. Also does anyone have any suggestions for a beginners combo for between $80-$130? I found an Cortland Quick Start Fly Outfit for $90 from Offshore Angler. It is an 8/9 weight. Any good. Does anyone have any opinions or comments about Cortland or Scientific Angler Fly Outfits? Also does anyone have a site or something for flies for inshore saltwater or flats fishing in Florida? Has anyone heard of "Flies4sale" out of Sarasota? Please someone answer these questions. I am very intrested in fly fishing and I want to learn anything I can. Also does anyone have a site where I can read some of the basics of fly fishing? Thanks

-Sean :confused:

#2 ·
flyanglersonline.com is a good site...as is flyfishing.com....do your research and learn your basics...i would suggest a trip to your local fly shop...most shop owners are more than willing to invest a little time and chat with a "newbie". guys that come in and out to the shop are also excellent sources of info on anything fron "how to" to where the fish are.....and by the way, welcome to your new addiction!!!! tight lines

OH, and this forum is an excellent source!!! (see, i bet you guys thought i ws going to leave that out didn't you?!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.