Housatonic 5/2 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Housatonic 5/2

Adrian
05-03-2003, 10:07 PM
Fabulous spring day up on the TMA but the wind out of the North put a bit of a chill on the water. I checked out a couple of my favorite holes and managed two small stockie browns. There must have been some sort of convention on - huge groups of anglers - maybe three or four clubs decided to hold a clave on the same day? Lots of hendrickson duns sailing by but most went unmolested by fish.

Oh well, nice to get a fish - and on dries. Two rises, two casts two fish - not bad ;) I also missed a much larger fish which came up downstream of me. Must remember to wait even longer on the downstream takes :rolleyes:

The fish I saw and caught both rose in a couple of feet of water with ten feet of the bank - why so many anglers wade chest deep and go for world record distance casting when fish are rising behind them is beyond me.

Each to his own I guess :smokin:

SDHflyfisher
05-05-2003, 04:56 PM
try setting the hook to the side it helps and i fish systematically fish as i move out and watch the water for any fish maybe i'll see you out on the water are fishing the housie on the CT side or Mass side?