Cape Today- Cold and Windy [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Cape Today- Cold and Windy

striblue
05-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Missed Doc last night as he got lost and stayed in a Motel... Spoke to Fred and John B last night and planned on meeting this morning. To make a long story Short...no fish, Way to windy and Coooold!... Nada at West Dennis, Red River , Bridge Street , the Wildlife refuge, and Stage harbor entrance. Before we headed to Bridge Street, I met up at Freds home with JBasser, Big Dave, FishHawk, Case and Doc D. Quit at the Refuge and headed into Chatham to take in the Maritime festival... stopped one more time at Bridge Street and bumped into Doc... nothing again... Had to head home and missed the dinner the guys are probably having right now.... Juro called last night saying he would be down in the early morning ..did not see hide nor hair of him all day. Hope the guys have better luck tomorrow.

Paxton
05-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news.....was thinking of giving it another week and go next week. God knows you guys really gave it a great try....all good places to go. Had the same experience in RI last week, except it wasn't cold. Will wait to hear from the rest of you tomorrow. Good luck!
Ron

Penguin
05-04-2003, 11:55 AM
...The dance of the sugar plum tiny striped twinkies has begun!
Bass River on the drop...2 at a time with barbless shrimp and silverside buffet offering...All small chrome tiny stripes...
'Talked to Doc out at Chatham and he said 18-24" medium stripes were eager to please...
KKKKRUSH those barbs and give our little pals a better chance!!!
Proper/kind/gentle handling PLEASE!

And you BOZOS who drag them up on the dry sand/gravel because you are too cheap/stupid to wear boots...I'll kick your sorry buttisimo if I catch you doing that and then drag you around to see how you like it!:devil:

craig
05-04-2003, 06:50 PM
good points Pete, let's be gentle to the twinkies.

Nick
05-04-2003, 07:26 PM
Pete...got your message...cell phone battery died on my way home. Sorry boutt that. Glad you had a good, hope to catch up next time.

Nick

Doc Duprey
05-05-2003, 01:40 PM
Pete,

Good point. We want them to come back bigger, and to bring their friends.

Besides, isn't that what we have opposable thumbs for?

Hope to see/fish with you next trip.

Best regards,

-Doc