Kickoff Scout report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Kickoff Scout report

FredA
05-02-2003, 09:00 PM
John (jbasser), Doc and myself fished the top of the outgoing upstream. John had a triple, single and double on a 3 fly dropper rig. Doc and myself look on in disgust. Twinkies are here. If you want catch teinkies tie on something that looks like a single cell invertebrate.

striblue
05-02-2003, 09:58 PM
Fred..I will see you guys at West Dennis...Keith lincoln just reported that he saw twinkees at Red River....

bonefishmon
05-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to the Forum thanks to Keith Lincoln. Please inform me as to Sundays Conclave activities as i plan on making the drive up from Mystic, Ct. to see if I can muster up a few stripers from South Beach on the outside. Last year it was bonkers with large schools passing every ten minutes or so. I know things are a bit late this year but I would like to get into some fresh ocean fish as soon as they arrive. Monday looks to be mostly sunny 5-10 ESE. 10 knots being very tolerable for wind in my face should keep fish in close! Anything over 28" yet.

striblue
05-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the forum bonefishmon.:)

Adrian
05-04-2003, 01:50 PM
Hi, welcome to the board!

The clave guys are out there right now so I doubt anyone will see your message 'till they get home tonight :whoa:

I wouldn't worry though - from here on out it just gets better and there will be a bunch of guys out there pretty much every week-end from now on. :D

Any action at your end of the State?

bonefishmon
05-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Hello Adrian.

The Connecticut River has tons of small fish right now. Caught 20 or so yesterday at the mouth o the Lieutenent River near the railroad bridge. Please inform me tonight as to Sundays activities on the Cape as not to waste a trip to Chatham. I work second shift at Foxwoods and will be lookinf tonight at 12:30am for a report. Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to this forum!

Phil

Adrian
05-04-2003, 03:15 PM
Phil

Sorry, but the clave was today - not next week.

Keep an eye out for reports from the likes of Penguin, FredA and our own indefatigable Striblue :D

juro
05-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Phil -

I just got back. With the hard blow and cool spring, next week would be a better bet. I was also there last year and the year before for those massive migrant schools and know what you mean. I would say they are going to be at least a week if not two behind normal.

Welcome to the Forum

Nick
05-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Phil,
Welcome. From Mystic huh? Spent the first 21 years of my 24 year existence living down the Street from SB butler...

Hope to catch up sometime.

Nick

bonefishmon
05-05-2003, 12:55 AM
Thanks to everyone for today's report. Looks like tomorrow (Monday), as nice a day as it is going to be, will have to be put on hold. I can catch lots of schoolies here in Mystic! Friday or Saturday will be my opener on the flats at South Beach. Hope to see some of you there.

Phil