saltwater flyfishing clubs [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: saltwater flyfishing clubs

rs2003
04-24-2003, 05:24 PM
I am interested in joining a local saltwater fly fishing club here in southern new hampshire I have been fishing here in the area for 10 years this will be my second year as a fly fisherman
Thank you.

doogue
04-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

I live in Manchester and I am planning on hitting the North Shore (MA) and the Seacoast fairly hard this spring.

If you want to join me on any of my outings then feel free to drop me an e-mail. I have been fly fishing for stripers for 5 years now. I have traveled to the Cape and pursued stripers on a regular basis over the past 5 years. However, I plan on hitting the Seacoast a bit more this year.

I would like to hear more about any saltwater fly fishing clubs in NH too.

Take care,

Mike

hightechtoo
04-27-2003, 09:21 AM
I've been fly fishing for about 5 years now....mostly Hampton area....
Only club I know of is the New England Salt Water Fly Rodders on Plum Island.....
Course, you could always join us at the FFSW Jamboree on May 17th!! Lots of us guys are from NH....

http://www.flyfishsaltwaters.com/jambo2003.htm

doogue
04-27-2003, 09:57 PM
rs2003,

I really want to go to the Jamboree but I am not sure if I can stay off of the Cape that weekend. In year's past I have spent too much time socializing with great people/fishermen that I have met at these types of gatherings and not enough time fishing!

The allure of Pleasant Bay cows and giant herring patterns on the 10 weight may get the best of me.

We shall see...the tides are great for fishing the Joppa Area that weekend too (to nobody's surprise) and maybe I will fish the Newburyport area on Saturday and Pleasant Bay on Sunday. Oh those minus tides!

Thanks,

Mike

Sprocket
04-28-2003, 07:22 AM
RS, Mike,

HighTech is correct - The New England Saltwater Fly Rodders are the only FF'ing club around. I've been a member for a couple years and have learned loads from it's presenters & members. Like the members here, it's all about exchanging information on catching fish on fly tackle.

If you are intersted, the next meeting is on May 13th at the Northern Essex Community College. Capt. Charlie Crue will present Fly Fishing the Merrimack River Estuary. All guests are welcome but there is a $10.00 guest fee - if you decide to join that night, the fee counts towards the cost ($30.00 annually).

Feel free to email me for more info.
Todd S.