Fly Fishing Forum banner

First Smallmouth Of The Year!

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  fishheadfred 
#1 ·
Glad to report my first smallmouth of the year! Been three or four times already with no success, water was way to cold. But Saturday I left the river victorious with 11 bass total: 4 Rock Bass, 6 Smallmouth, 1 Spotted Bass. Not a record breaking day by any means but to me it marks the beginning of a great season.
The biggest Smallmouth was 12" which for this area is pretty good.

#3 ·
jus' fell in the forum..

just caught your post from a couple weeks ago, things are shaping up nicely here in central ky....catching some nice bass from local streams...smallies have been egg bearing for about a month....some have already spawned in some to the local oxbows that heat up quickly...continued sucess to you!!!!!

#7 ·
will, be sure and check your e-mail...we were running behind all nite saturday night at the factory and didn't get a chance to sit down at the computer.....check out the fishing forecast reports for smallies in ky on the web at www.state.ky.us.agencies/fw/smallmth.htm....this should take you to an exact page with a complete county by county listing....cross reference that info with what i have e-mailed you, buy a map, pack a lunch, and you're in business

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.