FB Deep eel-imbedded Clouser [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: FB Deep eel-imbedded Clouser

striblue
04-20-2003, 12:20 AM
.... so I am watching all this stuff about Imbedded journalist and it came to me that I could tye the sand eel the way I wanted and have that bottom swimming action that we use down the cape... Most of the eels tyed with the realistic head have the hook down which is great for the upper and middle water columns but what about the way the deep eel swims OR the usual clouser... along the bottom... so I tyed this one which I will pack my box with this summer... this one is a bit too big but it was the first... It has a big dumbell lead clouser just behind the spreader... and it is epoxied into place... I will now move to the same Hook but smaller spreader and dumbell... I also need more colors than three hackles of this length which is all I have now,,, Blue just doesn't do it for me and that is the only other color I have... at a sink test to my joy... the fly sank right to the bottom...Hook up...

juro
04-20-2003, 07:31 AM
I like it! BTW - what's an embedded journalist?

striblue
04-20-2003, 08:21 AM
Did I spell that wrong... oh well Imbeded ..embeded.. .. also on further testing it started to roll... I will make the appropriate weight adjustment to keep the hook up...