A profound FF question [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: A profound FF question

04-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Would a fly with out wings be called a walk ?

Please serious responses only, as this is a serious question to fly fisherman world wide.


PM Out

04-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Or, maybe a "flew" (past tense of fly)?

04-16-2003, 09:20 AM
As long as it catches a "swim" I don't care... SORRY couldn't resist... :hehe:

04-16-2003, 09:34 AM
Hal... you need to go back to work..NOW! LOL;)

04-16-2003, 09:47 AM
On my way drive to work there is a doctors office and a major restaurant which have weekly sayings on their billboards for people to think about.

This is one of them this week.

You don't think I am that obsessed do you, thinking up this stuff 7 X 24? (Dont' answer that please ! )


PM Out

04-16-2003, 09:52 AM
With out wings they would be easier to swat.

Dble Haul
04-16-2003, 10:16 AM
Apparently I'm not the only one who needs to go fishing....:p

John Desjardins
04-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Hal we debated this last week and the consensus was that it would be called a "lap dancing bugger". Oh... you mean an insect .

04-16-2003, 12:52 PM
"Crawl" or "Crash" ? - how about "Amble"

Hal - bad enough you draw the rest of us into your mental gymnastricks... :rolleyes:

04-16-2003, 01:52 PM
I'm sorry but I had to do it after seeing this saying for the last couple of days.

A fly without wings of course all of us fly fisherman know is called a nymph. Now non fly fishers will have a problem figuring this out. Recommend we all use this line at our next non fly fisherman social gathering and see the reaction you receive.


PM Out

04-16-2003, 02:30 PM
A house/deer/horse fly would not be called nymphs. They would be maggots.