Fish head Fly [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fish head Fly

striblue
04-12-2003, 10:46 AM
I got this idea from a Mark Sedotti fly in Veverka's book... A fish head fly herring... I tyed it with the Feather brain application...the inside is not captured by the photo.. but the guts hanging out are bucktail, mostly white, pale green, yellow and pink intervoven with pink and red krystal flash... off a boat I will weigh this significantly..from shore no weight.. the object I think will be to get below blitzing Blues to weighting stripers.

boarmountain
04-12-2003, 04:37 PM
This is the fly.Mark gave it to me this past fall.The silicone has clouded a bit with age.

striblue
04-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Yes... exactly... that appears to be the same one in Veverka's book.. Thank for putting it on...

saltydog
04-13-2003, 07:27 AM
HAY GUYS, I did one of thoes,
'GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":smokin:

flyfisha1
04-16-2003, 02:43 PM
Great pattern; these are the kind of photos that re-affirm my belief that it's high time I learned to tie this style.

steelheadmike
04-17-2003, 10:58 AM
How are these flies fished?? Dead Drift? Thinking of when to use one. Could be the FF answer to CHUNKING.

flyfisha1
04-17-2003, 11:03 AM
I would fish this fly when chumming or during an all-out blitz when menhaden or similar baitfish are being driven to the surface. Dead drift would work; just toss it out into the melee and wait for a strike. I should think that such a fly would work well for jacks and shark in Florida.