Anyone else scared... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anyone else scared...

Nick
04-07-2003, 09:36 AM
...that spring may never come? If I were a striped bass, I would be having second thoughts about heading to Mass. and beyond this year. Will the snow ever end?? I may have to pick up a trout rod for the first time in my life.

Disgruntled,
Nick

juro
04-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Oh man you aren't kidding... yesterday I met up with Topher Browne to work on spey casting techniques... we ended up in a flooded field in a gale force wind and borderline hypothermic. Still got a couple of hours in and exchanged a few tips, beat staying in the house all day but was a far cry from a good day of fishing.

Big one is still on the way tonight... :eyecrazy:

Lefty
04-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Saw the ocean temps on the news last night. They had it at 38 deg. Stripers in 3 weeks? Doubt it.

Paxton
04-07-2003, 05:21 PM
Hopefully, stripers are as dumb as robins.....yesterday morning I counted 18 robins in my back yard....dumb shits! Now, if they only use the same travel agency, we are all in luck :D

FishHawk
04-08-2003, 05:57 AM
Its all about temperture with the bass. Got a marine radio of xmas and the warm spot is Montuck at 40 degrees. Another 8 or 9 degresse and the migrants should be here. will be later than last year for sure.

FishHawk

flyfisha1
04-08-2003, 07:25 AM
You know, there was a time not so long ago that I wanted to move back to the Northeast, because I grew up in the West and in NJ and missed getting the snow (we don't get any in Georgia, maybe 1" a year if that). Listening to you all now, I have to question my sanity... I'm glad I'm moving to Florida at the end of this year...

BigDave
04-08-2003, 09:47 AM
I'm keeping the faith. If we get 70+ degree weather for a couple weeks straight it might even things out. The freshwater angling is good right now so I'm happy for the poor weather - keeps the worm-dunkers and meat-packers at home and off the stream.