Carrie Stevens Feather Brain [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Carrie Stevens Feather Brain

striblue
04-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Fooling around here... took some of Stevens patterns and did this one...now this is on a saltwater hook..don't have streemer hooks... it also does not have the bueatiful wrap around the shanks.. but it has white cape and olive and yellow as you see with mallard and Jungle cock... I could make a bunch of these with different colors as the actual streemer is and maybe these would be good for fresh water.... but the key is the next picture where you see a good image of the profile.

striblue
04-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Here is the view top down...not flat but has body...

Dble Haul
04-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Now we're talkin'! ;)

Looks like we were headed in the same direction.....as I've just said in the striper archive, I've been meaning to talk with you about some of this. Picking your Feather Brain, in a sense. :)

It seems we've been thinking on the same plane more than once here in the forums......perhaps when we fish together again it'll all come together.

Keep 'em coming!

striblue
04-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Mark..you know we will be fishing together again... looking though the Stevens book has me really thinking... now if I get a hold of the long freashwater streamer hooks I can copy a number of them in various colors... I would however miss that nice hook shank wrap. But the tying style would not permit this ..

John Desjardins
04-04-2003, 09:54 PM
Looks good John.

now if I get a hold of the long freshwater streamer hooks

Now I know what to send for the meister in saltwater swap #3. ;) I've got a couple somewhere.

pmflyfisher
04-07-2003, 05:20 PM
John,

Is that a picture of you in your avatar ?

Hal

PM Out