goin' crazy [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: goin' crazy

BigDave
03-28-2003, 12:27 PM
Will this winter ever end?

It's 60 degrees out.

It's almost April.

I have not felt the tug of a trout on the end of my line yet this year...what is wrong with this picture?

Anyone been out in eastern/central mass yet for holdovers or resident stream trout?

I'm going tomorrow even if it means standing 30' back from the waterline and casting to a hole in the ice.

C'mon spring!

:eyecrazy:

John Desjardins
03-28-2003, 12:38 PM
The streams are flowing pretty good right now, so I may have to do the cast on the ice & pull through cracks bit myself.

SDHflyfisher
03-28-2003, 12:57 PM
i don't mean to brag but i have been FF for about a month here in WI

Just me
03-28-2003, 06:44 PM
What's all this talk about Ice on the rivers. You ought to live in "Gods Country" where it never gets cold enough to freeze the rivers. Good old Western Washington. But what we have to put up with is rain and that ain't good for rivers.

Jim

juro
03-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Jim, I did for 12 years and loved the year-round fishing for several species plus the ocean salmon fishery. Miss that mid-winter steelhead addiction badly especially during brutal winters like this one has been in the east.

RTF
04-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Even though trout season opened up on tuesday for us, unless you got a snowmobile to get up stream and want to drag an ice spud with ya, I say forget it. Winter is still holding on strong in my neck of the woods.