Sad but Good [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sad but Good

steelheadmike
03-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Decided to go out yesterday after my Grandmothers funeral in a relatively sad and somber mood. Between 3 of us we boated around 75 fish. Not a red letter day by any means but still productive. Spoke to a few of the " regulars " and on the day most of them reported catches in the tripple digits. ( mind you they are out sun up to sun down ). Only wish I could have enjoyed it a bit more. Kind of hard to have a good time when you have just burried a loved one.

Adrian
03-27-2003, 08:47 AM
Mike

My deepest condolences to you and your familly!

John Desjardins
03-27-2003, 08:50 AM
Mike, Sorry to hear of your loss. It is always a difficult time when one loses a loved one. May you remember the happy times you had together.

The fishing sounds like a real good day. I know that it is what I turn to when I need to cleanse my mind.

steelheadmike
03-27-2003, 08:54 AM
Thank you. Get out there if you can it will get progressively better for the next 3 weeks.

Nothing says early spring like a severe case of Striper thumb! My fingers are are downright RAW.

steelheadmike
03-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Fishing is definately one of the best ways to clear the mind or reflect upon days gone by. I had spent many of summer afternoon with my Grandfather and Grandmother fishing. My grandfather would give me a coffe can and a little garden shovel and we would dig up worms and go to the pond and catch sunfish . My grandmother would make sandwiches and lemonade and read her book while my Father and Grandad would teach me what to do.

Only to be that age again.

Wes
03-27-2003, 10:09 AM
Sorry for your loss Mike.

Dutch
03-27-2003, 11:39 AM
No matter how old someone was, there is always an empty place.
May your memories of her remain good.

Sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hans.

striblue
03-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear about that... I can still remember my grandfather teaching about things on a farm in southern Quebec.

craig
03-27-2003, 05:12 PM
My condolences to you and yours.

Hawkeye
03-28-2003, 12:19 PM
My condolences. I think it is nice you took her memory fishing. I hope someone does that for me.