Sad but Good [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sad but Good

03-27-2003, 09:31 AM
Decided to go out yesterday after my Grandmothers funeral in a relatively sad and somber mood. Between 3 of us we boated around 75 fish. Not a red letter day by any means but still productive. Spoke to a few of the " regulars " and on the day most of them reported catches in the tripple digits. ( mind you they are out sun up to sun down ). Only wish I could have enjoyed it a bit more. Kind of hard to have a good time when you have just burried a loved one.

03-27-2003, 09:47 AM

My deepest condolences to you and your familly!

John Desjardins
03-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Mike, Sorry to hear of your loss. It is always a difficult time when one loses a loved one. May you remember the happy times you had together.

The fishing sounds like a real good day. I know that it is what I turn to when I need to cleanse my mind.

03-27-2003, 09:54 AM
Thank you. Get out there if you can it will get progressively better for the next 3 weeks.

Nothing says early spring like a severe case of Striper thumb! My fingers are are downright RAW.

03-27-2003, 10:03 AM
Fishing is definately one of the best ways to clear the mind or reflect upon days gone by. I had spent many of summer afternoon with my Grandfather and Grandmother fishing. My grandfather would give me a coffe can and a little garden shovel and we would dig up worms and go to the pond and catch sunfish . My grandmother would make sandwiches and lemonade and read her book while my Father and Grandad would teach me what to do.

Only to be that age again.

03-27-2003, 11:09 AM
Sorry for your loss Mike.

03-27-2003, 12:39 PM
No matter how old someone was, there is always an empty place.
May your memories of her remain good.

Sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

03-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Sorry to hear about that... I can still remember my grandfather teaching about things on a farm in southern Quebec.

03-27-2003, 06:12 PM
My condolences to you and yours.

03-28-2003, 01:19 PM
My condolences. I think it is nice you took her memory fishing. I hope someone does that for me.