Banff [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Banff

Brad
03-25-2003, 08:20 AM
We are headed to Banff this weekend. How is the Bow fishing below Calgary? Is it worth packing a rod along with all my ski stuff.

Thanks

pmflyfisher
03-25-2003, 09:43 AM
In 1976 I skied Sunshine Village, Lake Louise, and did one day of Heli Skiing out of Radium in the Monashees or Bugaboos can't remember which now. Stayed in Banff it was a really small town then, imagine it is much bigger now. Remember looking at the river flowing through Banff and ones by Lake Louise wondering how the fishing was. Do not remember seeing any fisherman when I was there in early April. Season appeared closed. Rivers looked nice though.

Good luck and have a great trip.

Make sure you ski Lake Louise, awesome views from the slopes into Lake Louise and the glacier, etc..

PM Out

Willie Gunn
03-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Oh Banff Canada, I thought you meant the original and best.

Malcolm
Banff Scotland

SDHflyfisher
03-26-2003, 03:56 PM
you guys should take up snow boarding like USED to do got hurt a few too many times no broken bones though

fredaevans
03-26-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Willie Gunn
Oh Banff Canada, I thought you meant the original and best.

Malcolm
Banff Scotland

and the river is right at your door step. If it's open for fishing it's very easy due a parkway that boarders the river. The only pain in the fanny is the Elk that wonder all over the place. Those "racks" can screw up your back cast.
:hehe:

Only one word of 'caution;' if it's warm out the 'Canadian National Bug' can eat you alive!!!
:whoa:

Willie Gunn
03-26-2003, 04:40 PM
Fred,
Banff (Scotland) is right on the river (Deveron) as is the Glen Deveron Distillery. Has your Banff one of those?

We do not discuss" fannies" in polite company in Scotland.

Malcolm

Adrian
03-26-2003, 09:20 PM
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
You have to get used to it Malcolm - before I quit smoking I would get strange looks when I told the folks in the office I was going downstairs to "smoke a couple of fags" (literal translation in NYC - shoot two gay men). Something about separated by a common language springs to mind

pmflyfisher
03-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Malcolm,

I liked the Glenn Deveron will let you know which one I liked the best, when I am done. They are my fly tying companions now.

No single malt distilleries in Banff, Canada, just lots of mountains and rivers, and wilderness.

Hal

PM Out

sean
03-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Willie Gunn
Fred,
Banff (Scotland) is right on the river (Deveron) as is the Glen Deveron Distillery. Has your Banff one of those?

We do not discuss" fannies" in polite company in Scotland.

Malcolm

Ooooo, forgot our "slang-uage" has very!!!!! different meanings in Aust., New Z, et. al. (GUYS BEEEEEE very careful on this one.. TRUST ME on this one!!!! You do NOT have a 'fanny pack,' you have a "bum bag." Get that right Doc?)

Hell, forgot what you/others wrote; will go back and review/edit this post. Glen Deveron .... OH YA BABY. A very goooood sipping Whisky (got that right? Drop the 'e'?)
:D

fredaevans
03-26-2003, 10:42 PM
computers. WONDERFUL young man .. and God how he plays "our" key boards. But if you don't agree with a couple of my last posts take it up with him.
:devil:
fae

John Desjardins
03-26-2003, 10:50 PM
Come on guys!! Does anyone have the info for Brad?

BobK
03-27-2003, 07:26 AM
Yeah - visit Banff, Scotland, bring your speyrod AND a glass!
(I learned my manners in the Marines - when presented with a bottle and a glass, it's not polite to drink out of the bottle.)

:smokin:

BobK

FrenchCreek
03-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Just got back, been away for a few weeks. Hope you get this in time.
IF you plan to fish, it will NOT be in Banff, Scotland is too far away! Just drove by Lake Louise a few hours ago and skiing looks great.
IF you have a day to fish, I'll gladly take you on the Bow, just bring waders & boots, I'll take care of the rest. Fishing will be in Calgary, not Banff.
Send me a PM and we can arrange this!
Pete