how to reverse dynadisc??? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: how to reverse dynadisc???

Homster
03-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Is there anyone out there who could help me with a serious problem!!! I have bought a dynadisc reel from ron thomson, and i forgot to check that this is a left hand reel. I need it to be a right hand... I read somwhere that it is possible to turn the one way bearing. I have tried this, but I can't get it out...:mad: Is there anyone out there with some tips???

Excuse my engllish...from Norway

Homster

juro
03-24-2003, 11:30 PM
Welcome Homster!

All you need to do is pull off the spool and reverse the bearing direction (flip it over).

Let us know how you did with it.

Homster
03-28-2003, 05:24 PM
Thanks Juro!

I have tried to pull out the bearing, but it's stuck, how do I get It out?

rel1
03-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Homster- Look at the bearing housing there might be a plate on top ob the bearing the has 2 small holes in it opposite each other. If there is you'll need a spanner wrench to remove this plate then the bearing will slip out and you can reverse it, then replace the plate. This is how redington did it on their AS and AL series reels with the one way bearing; also some others that I know of. Hope this helps. Ron

fredaevans
03-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Don't know if the Red's have the same 'span' as you reel, but have the "spanner" (God I love REAL English langueage!) out the gazonga.

If post above is correct shoot me your address and I'll have one off in the post ASAP
FAE

Gardener
04-01-2003, 09:22 AM
Homster, I have one of these reels (the 10/12 model). On mine there is a black plastic bit, hexagonal in section, which houses the metal cylinder which in turn holds the actual bearings. The black plastic piece should pull out easily; the metal cylinder can then be pushed out from underneath and reversed. No tools should be needed. The black plastic bit is the same colour as the spool and at first I didn't realise it detached, so tried to get the metal cylinder out without first removing the housing from the spool - I wonder if you're doing the same. If you're still having trouble, PM me and I'll try to explain in greater detail.

Homster
04-03-2003, 02:42 PM
I DID IT, all thanks to you Gardener.
Tomorrow I'll go for the BIG trout!!!

thanks to all you guys who has tried to help me:)