Fly Fishing Forum banner

Warmwater fishing -- getting closer!

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
I made another scouting trip to my favorite early season fishing spot on the river and it was very high and discolored with chunks of ice and other debris floating in it. The good news is that this means the snow and ice is finally melting. A few more warm sunny days, or even some warm rainy days, and I will hit the water with the hopes of actually catching something! Almost time to dig out the boat!

Q

#3 ·
I stopped and checked out one of my favorite ponds and it needs a few more nice warm days to open it up to the point where I can cast on to the ice and pull the fly into the water saying here mr pikie. The pond near work should be much farther along. I need to check it out at lunch soon.

#5 ·
Ice is gone on mid west lakes except for Lake Michigan and probably other GL shorelines. They project all ice will be not be gone from the big lakes until late april this year ,due to the large areas that did freeze over.

So essentially all inland lakes, rivers and the great lakes are ready to be fished.

Great lakes, great times !

PM Out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.