Spring albacore bite! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Spring albacore bite!

dirtydave
03-20-2003, 10:43 AM
The fishing the last week has been extraordinary. There are 1000's of albacore inside the inlet. For over a week it has been non-stop action, with no sign of letting up! That's only minutes from the dock. Some of the sight fishing is happening in the no-wake zone(the port) it doesn't get any closer... Fish in the 12 to 15 pounds have been the norm. 10 to 25 fish 1/2 days have been happening daily with doubles and triples happening on light tackle or the fly. The topwater action is wild, the albacore are smashing the crease fly on the surface. Not to leave the Top Dog topwater plug out, their hammering it as well. If you can break away for a morning or even an afternoon/evening trip, it will be worth it!!!! I don't send this messages often but it's crazy not to take advantage of the great fishing that's taking place in Beaufort Inlet currently. Take a break from work and really enjoy the day w/ some good fishing at the beach. Here's a few pics from the Monday and Tuesday fishing. Check out the latest fishing reports for the week, w/ pics. http://lostincyberspace.com/fishreports/lookout/default.asp

Have a great Day,

Dave Dietzler

Cape Lookout Charters Morehead City, NC 252-240-2850

ddietzler@ec.rr.com

hope this helps

JimW
03-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Huh? What? No-way? You get those in the Spring.

Hey! um....

I gotta go!

Slinger I'll pick you up on the way.:devil:

steelheadmike
03-20-2003, 11:06 AM
Someone have eye drops?? My eyes must be decieving me. Did I read Spring Albies? Did I see someone holding one in March?

Lucky devils you are down there. Good look and tight lines. I'm jealous now:(

striblue
03-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Great Report... drives me crazy though.... Nice shots...wish I was there..Maybe someday soon.

juro
03-20-2003, 01:17 PM
Dave -

What is the nearest airport? (seriously)

flyfisha1
03-20-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by dirtydave
"...Have a great Day"

:eyecrazy:
How can I possibly have a great day after a report like that? I'm stuck in Atlanta! Although, I may see if the fish are runnning off the coast of the Grand Strand in South Carolina. My parents live there and I can get down to fish for a weekend for free.

BigDave
03-20-2003, 02:15 PM
I think I'm going to cry now

Slinger
03-21-2003, 12:14 AM
Gimme enough time to drop a dime on work and I`ll be ready to go! Only a 14 hour drive away.
Slinger

neac9
03-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Hey Steve,
You know I dont drive that far but I could fly! Why dont we plan a trip down there?

Greg Pavlov
03-24-2003, 12:02 AM
Check out the latest fishing reports for the week, w/ pics. http://lostincyberspace.com/fishreports/lookout/default.asp
hope this helps

It's very unsanitary to hold a rod in the mouth, doncha know.

dirtydave
03-24-2003, 07:22 AM
The closest commercial airport is New Bern, NC 45 muinutes from Morehead City. Beaufort has a private airport for small planes. Hang tight guys warm weather is coming your way.

Talk to soon,

Dave

flyfisha1
04-04-2003, 12:09 PM
Dave - is the fishing any good in the early June time frame? We're looking for a place to get away for a few days, and my wife has graciously offered that it be somewhere that I can do some fishing. I won't be bringing a boat, just my gear. What are your thoughts?

Striperondaflyz
04-04-2003, 01:14 PM
I'm ready to to take a 10 hour road trip :)