War [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: War

cohocola
03-20-2003, 08:03 AM
Please watch out for our people and bring them home safe...

striblue
03-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Yes.... I hope so too..... The reality of this is starting to get to me... I just hope the Iraq army overthrows him before we get anywhere near Baghdad.

Dble Haul
03-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Ditto to the above sentiments. Let's hope this one isn't long, and that the innocents will be protected as best they can be.

SDHflyfisher
03-20-2003, 04:38 PM
i was only 5 but now i think we should of bombed the hell out saddam in gulf war would have ended the problem then and there

juro
03-20-2003, 05:29 PM
War is never good. It's proof that we as a species can not reconcile without violence, destruction, and killing. It's motives throughout history have sometimes been less than honorable. It's side effects are damaging to the innocent. War is evil, albeit sometimes the lesser of two evils, and thus inevitable.

But the act of war, "on the ground", is conducted by good people who would give their lives so that others may prosper beyond the conflict. There is no evil in a soldier who is asked to kill or be killed and stands firm in the face of fire for all he believes in. There are few people I respect more than a good soldier.

As a member of the human race I am equally shamed by the need for war as I am proud of those who must conduct it. I hope we can achieve what we hope to achieve with as little bloodshed as possible, and I hope if blood runs that the intention is honorable - I am certainly not privy to the details but unfortunately it's rarely as simple a matter as it appears to be on the 5pm news.

SDHflyfisher
03-20-2003, 05:38 PM
soldiers desirve all the respect in the world because it is not always their choice to be doing what they are doing that is why i despise how the soldiers were treated when they came back from vietnam. it is a always a sad day to have a vet. leave this world

BigDave
03-20-2003, 05:51 PM
Juro,

Wow. Beautifully stated. War is just another piece of the neverending paradox that defines the human race. In the interest of all involved, I sincerely hope the Iraqi troops continue to surrender to avoid needless bloodshed. Let's never forget that the freedom we enjoy in this country is not a right, but a priviledge.

God bless America.

flyfisha1
03-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by BigDave
...God bless America.

Yes. Hopefully this will conclude shortly and without tragedy.

fredaevans
03-20-2003, 10:57 PM
To mis-quoted: "War means 'we are right.'"

This time I think we are; it's there or it will be here. Better 'there.'
fae

cohocola
03-22-2003, 02:12 AM
I guess ny next question is: Once were done over there, will the Tigress River be open for fly fishing Americans?