Great to meet you guys at the clave! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Great to meet you guys at the clave!

broche
03-19-2003, 06:12 PM
My wife and I had a great time at the casting clave. I thought I was an accomplished caster until I witnessed Juro and John Kollett shoot backing through the guides of my RPL+ 6 weight! Pretty sick, really. Anywho, I'm off from work May 20 - May 23 and I'll be fishing in the Plum Island vicinity. I'm hoping to have Sprocket, Ron and Lefty join me. Juro, I'd love to see you out there. I don't remember anyone who can cast like that. Thanks again for orchestrating the clave. Attached please find a photo of my new baby if interested;

broche
03-19-2003, 06:22 PM
sorry, the image is not of a real baby, it was of a juve fly with embedded diction, to large to post. I was trying to be funny and it just didn't work out.

Bill

juro
03-19-2003, 06:46 PM
The pleasure was all mine, and please don't think I can repeat that lucky cast with any consistency. That rod is one of the gems that the industry has produced over the years, just an incredible combination of loading into the blank, power, lightweight, the whole package for 6wt class rods.

Should be some good early action, I have a "sure thing" spot we should hit when the tide is right. I'll bet Lefty, Ron and Sprocket have a few too.

(for Lefty...) There's this section on the southern extreme of Plum Island called "Chatham"... :devil:

Looking forward to May,
Juro

Paxton
03-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Bill....Thanks for remembering, I'll be there when you write or call to confirm day, time and meeting location. Just picked up a Sage 9wt a couple of weeks ago at a price to good to pass up :)
Juro casting out backing.........would love to see that done as long as he is blind folded while I take a turn. The only time I saw my backing out last year.......there was a 12 lb bluefish on the end of it.

Lefty
03-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by juro

(for Lefty...) There's this section on the southern extreme of Plum Island called "Chatham"... :devil:

Looking forward to May,
Juro

Cute. There's also a place on the Bayside called: oops can't tell. Let's just say Grego and I labeled it "Cow Cove". Directions from your house:

1. get in truck
2. pull out of driveway
3. head north:smokin:

Roop
03-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Terry,

I thought that dairy farmer told you guys to stay out of his fields?!;)

Look forward to gettgin together soon.

Roop

Sprocket
03-24-2003, 10:58 AM
Bill - We've definetly got to schedule something.
Terry - You too. I'll be in touch after the 14th but before the 22nd ;)

Chatam: Is that by Emerson Rocks?

Cows: I know a bar like that too! Only it's in ... OH! Nevermind.