Flat Wing Fly Swap--3rd Report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Flat Wing Fly Swap--3rd Report

striblue
03-19-2003, 06:02 PM
OK... as of now I have flat wings from Adrian, Boarmountain, Jim Simms, Brian Fleury, Joe Wojtan, Jim Whalen and a 7th I will need help to identify... Someone, and I think it may have been Larry P. (Shadfreak) who gave me olive colored flat wings in a black VCR box at the show... please come foreward and ID yourself. I just looked back on the report #2 and we are missing flies from, TodD, Dfix, Eddie, Saltydog, Birdfish, Quentin and Doc Duprey.... Please correct me if I am wrong here.... Technically the swap is suppose to be over but I will have to extend it a bit...but it will be over on April 1... we will need to have an end point. The key here is to get them in before Dave Fix gets his in;)

shadfreak
03-19-2003, 10:04 PM
Ya got me John those are my flatwings. It was great to see you and Adrian again. I can't wait for another long walk on the beach.
See you soon Larry

DFix
03-20-2003, 03:30 PM
:smokin:

striblue
03-20-2003, 03:48 PM
So what else is new! :smokin:

Tod D
03-20-2003, 08:18 PM
John - Sorry for being delinquent. Mine are ready to go. Can you PM me your address as I managed to misplace it.

thanks

striblue
03-20-2003, 08:43 PM
Todd...your mail box is full... I will e-mail you

striblue
03-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Salty Dog's came in today...keep it up... they are looking great...what a diverse collection....

Doc Duprey
03-22-2003, 05:41 PM
John,

Missed today's mail, so they are going out Monday. I am shipping them in a fly box, so that they are not crushed in transit.

Best regards,

-Doc

joe wojtan
03-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Doc Duprey
John,

Missed today's mail, so they are going out Monday. I am shipping them in a fly box, so that they are not crushed in transit.

Best regards,

-Doc

Doc.
What kind of a fly box are you sending your flies in?.

Doc Duprey
03-23-2003, 06:54 PM
Joe,

I am using one of those inexpensive fly shop boxes with the rubber nubs on the inside to hold the hooks. It's about 8 in. long, so the flies fit reasonably well. I don't usually store them in that box because it is not waterproof. Ok for mailing, though.

How goes the recovery?

Best regards,

-Doc

joe wojtan
03-23-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Doc Duprey
Joe,

I am using one of those inexpensive fly shop boxes with the rubber nubs on the inside to hold the hooks. It's about 8 in. long, so the flies fit reasonably well. I don't usually store them in that box because it is not waterproof. Ok for mailing, though.

How goes the recovery?

Best regards,

-Doc

Doc.
Thanks for the reply on the fly box.
I'm progressing slowly, but each day I feel stronger, I will be off all my medication by the end of the week,
Then I'm will be ready for some square danceing.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Joe

striblue
03-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Just so everyone knows..all flyboxes will be returned with the swap flies in them... Right now I have one extra box which I think came from Double Haul and I used two from the swaps as boxes for the drawings at the show. If for some reason you did not get your box back or don't in the next swap it is unintentional so just e-mail me a reminder that I still have your box...and I will send it back promptly ... thanks.

Eddie
03-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Sorry for the late anouncement, but I'm going to have to back out of this one.

Quentin
03-24-2003, 05:35 PM
John, I think I'm out too. BUT . . . If I somehow manage to get the flies tied in time I'll send them in. Unfortunately, I don't have any JC for the eyes. Are adhesive holographic eyes acceptable?

Q

striblue
03-24-2003, 06:57 PM
Eddie and Q... swaps are not intended to be "jobs"... don't worry if you have to drop out... they are set up for that possibility and should have no effect on the remaining participants..

Quentin
03-25-2003, 09:04 PM
It's not a job . . . it's an adventure! Or in my case, perhaps more of a misadventure :hehe:

I'd like to stay in this one, but I didn't have the proper materials until after the Wilmington show and my time at the vise has been significantly reduced since then. In fact, most of the stuff I picked up at the show is still in the bag :rolleyes: . It looks like I'll have some tying time over the next couple of days, and if the feathers are kind to me then I may be able to turn out enough acceptable flies in time to meet the deadline.

Q

striblue
03-25-2003, 09:15 PM
Ok Q... what ever you want...

striblue
03-26-2003, 04:48 PM
Doc Duprey's came in today ...so we are doing great so far...keep it coming. I can't wait to take a group picture of these.

striblue
03-29-2003, 05:37 PM
Todd D's came in today. I will photo them this week and mail by the end of the week..So with Eddie out and probably Q.. we have only Birdfish... and.... and.... yes... true to form...The DFIX.

saltydog
03-30-2003, 11:28 AM
STRIBLUE, did you get my flatwings!:confused:
"GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":smokin:

striblue
03-30-2003, 12:01 PM
Yes Rich...I have them.....

saltydog
03-30-2003, 12:08 PM
;) GOOD MAN! :smokin:

Quentin
03-31-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by striblue
..So with Eddie out and probably Q..

Yep, I'm out :(

I'm looking forward to seeing the group photo to see what I missed out on!

Q