Who are the powerboat junkies out there? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Who are the powerboat junkies out there?

juro
03-19-2003, 08:42 AM
Taking nominations for a new board for power boats...

Dble Haul
03-19-2003, 08:55 AM
I'm not a junkie, but I'll affirm that a board for power boats is a good thing. I'll be having some questions soon (nudge nudge, wink wink). :p

Hawkeye
03-19-2003, 09:10 AM
As one who is refurbishing a boat, rebuilding a 150 outboard, and building a 24' I/O from the ground up - YES PLEASE! IT'S A GREAT IDEA.

Not only will I have a ton of questions I imagine I will be able to answer some.

Eddie
03-19-2003, 09:27 AM
I look at many boating forums, and I think that the traffic on many is pretty slow. How many posts a day would you want to see to consider it worth it?
I like the idea of one stop shopping at the forum, but when I look at the knots and rigging forum, it is dead. People with questions on leaders and rigging ask on the BlueWater, Stripers, or Steelhead boards where there is more traffic. Maybe moderators should move posts to appropriate boards? As to the rigging section, I was hoping that it would be a sort of encyclopedia of information regarding all things mono, flouro, dacron and gel spun(wire and flylines too).
I just hate to see a dead area on the site. Look at the other sites and track their activity.

Hawkeye
03-19-2003, 10:43 AM
Good point Eddie. We can't be all things to all people.

JimW
03-19-2003, 11:01 AM
I like the idea of a boating section. I never really asked many questions here because there was not a section for it, yet there is probably a lot of knowledge. I tend to lurk on some other boards where there is plenty of good info on the mechanical aspects of boating but not so much how to set up a drift or approach a school of breaking fish.

Anyone who can build a 24' boat ought to have learned a thing or two and be able to field some questions.

juro
03-19-2003, 11:08 AM
I believe in observing history, that may have been the way of the past. But the value in observing the past is to definite the future.

The assignment of moderators to each board (as mentioned repeatedly in moderator posts) includes the role of a knowledgable individual or two keeping the activity level alive. We learn from the past.

Plus a lot of guys got new boats over the winter!

:smokin:

bcasey
03-21-2003, 07:28 AM
Ya, come on, let's do it. Us boat guys need to stick together, As discussed on other sites, this would give us an opportunity to share experiances, work out "Trip Trades", compare maintenence tips, and a whole bunch or related issues.
And with all the boats we have had joining the ranks, I see a Boat Clave" on the horizon!:smokin:
Might even help improve my spellin as well!:whoa:

admin
03-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Suggested names?

- Boater's beach
- the Mooring
- Propwash

This will go up today, thanks to funding from our new Sponsor:

http://www.blacklabmarine.com/

DFix
03-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Propwash

Dble Haul
03-21-2003, 09:21 AM
I second Propwash.

bcasey
03-21-2003, 12:30 PM
I'll third "Propwash", I like it!

juro
03-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Cool!

I will ask Sean to put up our new boating section... "Propwash".

Thanks Case, looking forward to the discussions.

bcasey
03-21-2003, 02:01 PM
It's up, check it out! Go to "Flytalk", and look for "Propwash" and fire away!;)

extmtbiker
03-22-2003, 09:13 PM
that would be an excellent edition to flyfishing forum.