Rods For Casting Clave [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rods For Casting Clave

Eddie
03-13-2003, 10:12 AM
This thread is for people who want to try out specific rods at the clave. Between us, I am sure that we could have available almost any rod that anyone would want to try. If any on wants to cast something specific, maybe another participant could bring it along.
I would like to cast a "STICK" and any Two Hander that is set up for the Salt.

juro
03-13-2003, 10:40 AM
I will have several two-handers, some for the salt. I will have several single-handers as well.

If everyone brings rods, we'll have a great assortment for folks to try as we have the past two years.

It's going to be a blast as usual.

I would like to incorporate a theme of working out kinks sometime during the event, in addition to the introductory lessons for newbies and the advanced contest which was such a hoot last year.

Invite as many people as you can, the cost will go down based on the number of people!

Sprocket
03-13-2003, 12:43 PM
for the upcoming year - looking to hook up with a couple cows...without going to the Kells :eek: :chuckle:

Can I do that with a 9#? Yeah but, but...

Smcdermott
03-13-2003, 07:02 PM
I am thinking of adding a 6 or 7wt to my arsenal. I am looking for something that loads easily with short line for close presentations in the estuaries. I have been thinking of the DS2 but would like to compare it to its more expensive sibling the rplxi. If anyone has either of these rods I would love to give them a whirl. I will be bringing: 10 wt glx, 8 wt gl3 and 9 wt wayfarer.

Sean

JimW
03-13-2003, 10:10 PM
Sean, I'll bring a 7wt St. Croix ultra legend. This is a home grown rod with a very unconventional butt. Maybe a bit on the fast side but something to cast. I'll bring a floater and a Clear-int.