Fly Fishing Forum banner

First Impressions,T&T Vector

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jfbasser 
#1 ·
Finally tried out my SWE raffle prize on the back lawn/snow, a T&T 8.5foot, 9wgt Vector. From what I had read over the last couple of years I thought the Vector might fit me well, though a bit beyond a price I could explain to the Mrs. Fast progressive action seems to suit me and I love my 10 wgt Redington DFR.

With a 444SL Saltwater taper into a stiff breeze at moderate distance, the rod didn't disapoint. Action seems similar to the DFR. Would prefer a 9 footer but I ain't complaining. Think this rod will be great on the flats or as a boat rod. Looking forward to trying it out with a few different lines next week.

#2 ·
How are you going to win the reel?

Glad you like the rod. I think 8.5 feet will be great on the flats. I will be down in Florida fishing when you are at the Wilmington show so I think it might be difficult to pull off that reel raffle. Good luck and buy plenty of raffle tickets anyway!

#5 ·
Thanks for the good wishes, Fred. Leaving early tomorrow morning for the Florida trip. Wondering how I am going to get to the airport tomorrow with just a T-shirt and shorts but I will work out something. I will be back by the first day of SPRING!:smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.