Fishing The Cape Tying Demo-4/1 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fishing The Cape Tying Demo-4/1

striblue
03-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Today I was asked if I would do a tying session on April 1st ,which I think is a Tuesday night at the Fishing the Cape store in East Harwich. I will do the Feather Brain, Crab Apple and Flounder Around... also If there is time I will do a Feather Brain Sand eel and surf candy...so my point is that if there are any Cape residents who want to stop by I would love to see you. I will drag Pete there anyway.

2HandTheSalt
03-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Hey John, I would love to go.

Did they give you a specific time, or do we just stop by anytime and you will tie them all up for us?

Thanks,

Jay Horton

Penguin
03-08-2003, 09:39 PM
The tying demo starts at 1800 (6pm) and runs a few hours...
Samples to pass around for a close up look make it touchyfeely nice while a running commentary (tips and step-by-step) prepairs everyone for the final exam...
After which autographs...then the Right Honourable One will be whisked away in the waiting limo into the darkness...
:eek:

Dble Haul
03-08-2003, 09:45 PM
And so the tour begins......:D

It's times like this that I wished I lived closer to you Cape guys. John, maybe sometime this year we can have a tying session at CAC when I'm in the area. Until then, enjoy your deserved recognition.

striblue
03-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Thanks Mark and Pete... Jay, I am to confirm in a week... I think I am taking the place of someone who had to drop out so it's really no big deal.

bcasey
03-10-2003, 08:05 AM
It's a big deal to us John, I'm there!:whoa:

juro
03-10-2003, 08:16 AM
I'll try like heck to get down there for that John. Will the CAC be open? :D

Penguin
03-10-2003, 11:09 AM
...to sharpen our peanut gallery heckling techniques...
Anybody got an extra whoopie-cushion?!:devil:

After all...we're talkin' April Fools Day!:whoa:

striblue
04-01-2003, 09:48 AM
Bumping this up... Hope to see some of you... and I know Penguin will be there so we should have some laughs.

Roop
04-02-2003, 09:41 AM
John,

I'm sorry I missed it. Interested in reading the reviews.

Roop

striblue
04-02-2003, 10:43 AM
This is self serving, but I thought it went well ,about 25 or 30 guys.. and some heckling from Penguin kept it light.... There he was in the back row with a tripod and Binoculars... too much!!!!.. it was hysterical. He tells me to put my hat back on since the light was reflecting off my "high" forehead... anyway tied up a bunch of Feather brains and one flounder.. had a great response from the guys and Greg, the owner was great as was Jared for putting it on... I guess Harry Koons was there a couple weeks ago as was Abrams. So I was in High Company.. I tried to instill in them all to "push the envelop" and strike out on there own and don't forget the history of saltwater Flies as they were basically descendants of old freashwater streamer flies. Also..don't forget the natural materials and don't get all wrapped up in Synthetics.. but a good combo is best... etc, etc.

Nick
04-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Wish I could have have been there...sounds like a good time!

Doc Duprey
04-02-2003, 10:54 AM
Well done, John!

Wish I could have been there. Guess I'll have to waith for the book (hint...hint...).

Best regards,

-Doc