Chatham--today-3/8 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham--today-3/8

striblue
03-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Drove down to Yarmouth this morning to meet Jay Horton at his home to photo my Featherbrain tying steps.He is a real technician with the computerized SLR camera and took a lot of care to get the back drop right and lighting. He must have taken two shots of each step which we took about 15 for 30 pics... we will need to reduce it down to just5....finished at 12 noon and visited Pete at Area 61...He is finally well settled into his place and it looked bueatiful inside...he has every kitchen gagit there is..anyway made a great lunch for me and Pete, thanks again for you hospitality...(He also has a French Press Now for Coffee---tres Chic).. Anyway , here are some great crabs he has tied... the next photo's are the Chatham Cut with snow and the third one is South beach from the Morris Island look out.

striblue
03-08-2003, 05:39 PM
Chatham Cut....

striblue
03-08-2003, 05:40 PM
South Beach.....

Penguin
03-08-2003, 08:47 PM
John...
Did you notice any noteworthy changes?
...looked like the "bowl" has deepened?!
The last time I was there (before the storms) the outside had started to come inside...
See you in Wilmington!

FredA
03-09-2003, 06:45 AM
The pic from the Morris Island lookout provides a sense of hope. Was there about a month ago, on a grey day, and it was pretty bleak with little open water. Took a few pics but the film's still in the camera. From a distance it looks like the spit, that is South Beach, has got a bit thin in spots.

juro
03-09-2003, 07:15 AM
Will be interesting to scout out this years changes, just like every other year's changes I guess. A shuffle of the deck, but the game remains the same. Nature's way of keeping the shore angler honest. Those who follow what's been played, yet to be played, and stacks the odds will win. I have the gut feeling that spring scouting will be delayed this year, but that prediction doesn't take no Nostradamus, eh? But in a few weeks time there will be stripers in these same waters and shortly thereafter it will be worth chasing them. One thing's for sure, we will be there!