Beer [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Beer

Roop
03-07-2003, 12:12 PM
...is like a woman.

You can't live without it, you can't leave it by the side of the road.

;)

Dble Haul
03-07-2003, 12:34 PM
I won't ask what prompted this little quip.....:p

JimW
03-07-2003, 12:36 PM
Hmmm. This is a pre lunch post.

Roop, Red Bull for breakfast again?

Roop
03-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Oh the pain, the pain!!

Stuck in my office for the alst 2 weeks working on a project for my largest client..... finally got out today - THE SUN!!! What a day!!

Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will. - Homer Simpson

http://www.synergizedsolutions.com/simpsons/pictures/homer/homerduffmodel.gif

BigDave
03-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Great simpsons quotes!

My personal favorite:

"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer"

-Homer J

Sprocket
03-07-2003, 02:26 PM
"Here's to Beer. The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

HJS upon the repeal of the prohibition law in Springfield.

cohocola
03-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Beer...

24 hours in a day...

24 beers in a case...

Coincidence?

steelheadmike
03-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Once I got into a heated arguement with an ex-girlfriend who insisted the bar I took her brother to was for loosers. I posed the question... I guess I'm a looser than? The answer was yes. I posed yet another question: Do you like loosers? The answer was no. With that info I proceeded to pull of the road on I 684, got out walked to the passenger door and opened it up and said : Then I guess you dont want to drive with one and asked her to get out of the car. Well about 5 minutes later I get pulled over by a CT State Trooper and guess who was in the back seat??? You guessed it. The Trooper in a stern but somewhat joking tone asked me if I forgot something and advised me not to pull a stunt like that again. True Story!

juro
03-07-2003, 06:11 PM
We all have our "war stories" but I'm sure glad it wasn't my daughter! ;)

Roop -

On the topic of hops and barley, you would've liked the "Tap House" grill in Bellevue (walking distance from the Fly show last week). We went over for dinner and a draught with Simon G, Nobuo Sensei, Dana Meister, Tyler and better half Sandi, Sinktip the shadow boxer, Leland, JJ, myslef (and that's it I think?). Anyway being a place of high repute in the microbrew department, I thought I would try the Hefferweissen w/ dungeness crab cakes. Where most places would look at you funny, he replied "which one?" and started listing off a long list of Heff's to choose from. I stopped him at the Widmer (OR) and the crab cakes were out of this world as well. A memorable brewski indeed!

http://flyfishingforum.com/destinations/pacificnorthwest/masters2.jpg
Simon Gawesworth and Nobuo Nodera talk Spey at the Taphouse Grill
after the Show (Sandi Kushnir photo)

MarkDoogue
03-07-2003, 08:47 PM
Roop, you know that I can be of assistance in this regard.....just say the word my friend.:devil:

My all time favorite beer quote:

Benjamin Franklin: "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

P.S. I could help you with that Red Bull habit too........and the cigar habit.......

kush
03-08-2003, 03:04 AM
www.members.aol.com/matt999h/beer.htm

Roop
03-08-2003, 11:26 AM
Kush, she's so ugly, her doctor is a vet.

The only blond that catches my attention is...

http://members.shaw.ca/audibleangel/images/photo/gwen/plaid.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/audibleangel/images/photo/gwen/orange.jpg

flyfisha1
03-08-2003, 05:31 PM
*Sigh* I wish there were more girls like her around... :smokin:

neac9
03-09-2003, 03:20 PM
I will refrain from comment as the last such topic got a poor response however I did like the trooper story.
needless to say what would the charge have been ??

Lefty
03-10-2003, 10:13 AM
Take heart Roop, it's St. Patty's week! Go have a "Perfect Pint" o Guiness.

"May the roof above us never fall in, and may we friends gathered below never fall out."
-Old Irish Blessing

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

steelheadmike
03-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Oh Gwen is 10!!! She is numero uno in my book!

Roop
03-10-2003, 04:19 PM
An all American girl!

You should see my 2 little girls do their Gwen imitation! She's a lot healthier idol for today's young women then some of the other pigs their trying to sell our kids....

steelheadmike
03-11-2003, 09:25 AM
She does dress a bit provacative but not that its a bad thing! Yum Yum. I would much rather have my kids listen to ND than the like of those other two hussy's. Althought I would not throw either of them out either.:devil:

ssully
03-11-2003, 10:46 PM
DOUGH... the stuff... that buys me beer...
RAY ..... the guy that sells me beer...
ME...... the guy...who drinks the beer,
FAR..... the distance to my beer.
SO...... I think I'll have a beer.
LA...... La, la la la la beer
TEA..... no thanks, I'm drinking beer...
That will bring us back to...

D'OH!