The FINAL rip pic [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The FINAL rip pic

MarkDoogue
08-12-2001, 02:07 PM
I finally used up all of the film in my camera. Here is the final group shot of everyone at the first Rip Trip of 2001(except my father, the photographer).

Juro, I can send all of these pictures along on disc if you want them. Also, I can email any pictures to any on the trip that would like them.

~Mark

"http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=75611&a=13506370&p=52846086"

juro
08-12-2001, 04:19 PM
What an awesome shot! I would love to get digital copies of these for the Rip Trip Journal additions I will make for 2001 at the end of the season, no rush but definitely will want your great images in the chronicles.

We didn't get the consistent giant fish this year that we got used to out there last year, but it's been an adventure each and every time we "go down to the rip". There are still many chances to turn that around too. Weekend after Boneclave is a good candidate weekend tide wise and the cooling trends (night time) should start to bring the fish around the tip on their way south as the season progresses.

striblue
08-12-2001, 04:51 PM
Mark, Thanks alot... that is a great shot of all of us. Good to have a group picture like that. John

Lefty
08-12-2001, 05:38 PM
Great shot! Too bad one guy had to wear a white shirt ;-) Color coordination while flyfishing is paramount to these outings.

Lefty

Roop
08-12-2001, 05:48 PM
Nice shot.

White shirt - great camo, look like a cloud. That's why he bleached his moustache!!

Roop

Adrian
08-13-2001, 10:27 AM
Great picture! Thanks Mark, it really brings back memories of a great day.

striblue
08-14-2001, 08:17 PM
Ya... I couldn't believe it as well... a white shirt... boy... who was that guy... Matching moustashe....What a bozo. "Oh,, I going on the rip trip... what to wear? what to wear?" we need to start getting the low down on this guy.

FredA
08-14-2001, 08:28 PM
Wasn't that guy modeling some yak hair tupee's (sp?)a little later? Must be a trend setter.

MarkDoogue
08-15-2001, 02:27 PM
FredA (08-14-2001 09:28 p.m.):
Wasn't that guy modeling some yak hair tupee's (sp?)a little later? Must be a trend setter.

Yes that definitely was the fashion maven in question Fred. But I do have to say that nobody else would have looked as good wearing a yak-hair "Roop Special" as that slave to fashion, J.M. And equally worth mentioning, the enviable sense of humor that went along with the fashion show.
Jim D.