NJ Stripers [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: NJ Stripers

steelheadmike
03-05-2003, 10:14 AM
Will be heading down to Joisey this weekend to verify thr rumors of large stripers in the Hackensack River. Will be sure to let you all know the outcome of my little adventure. If for some strange that plan should fall through I will fish a Hudson River Tributary instead. Rumors of 5-8lb fish have been circulating so either way I will hopefully have something post come monday.

steelheadmike
03-11-2003, 09:31 AM
Did not head to Jersey due to the wind and cold but did manage a few casts by my house with the old spin gear. I had one small fish take but dropped it by my feet. Nothig to brag about but at least there is hope and signs of life. SOON real SOON.

juro
03-11-2003, 09:51 AM
(drool) please keep us posted!

pmflyfisher
03-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Stripers in the Hackensack R. , my dear. I grew up in Teaneck and fished it when a youth. Wow was it polluted in the 50s, 60s, 70s, been gone since then. We did catch some stripers back then in the Hudson along with Tommy Cods and eels etc.

PM Out

steelheadmike
03-11-2003, 03:29 PM
There are fish around especially in the Hudson. I have not been on the boat yet but will be soon. A few friends took a ride and found pleanty of fish staging up in 15ft of water, the sonar was loaded full of fish hugging the bottom. The water really needs to creep up about 8 degrees and it will be a blood bath

Adrian
03-12-2003, 05:30 AM
I almost took a ride down Joizey way this past week-end but work got in the way. Nice to hear things are set to go on Hudson. I'm only 40 mins. from Croton - looking forward to exploring the area by yak in a couple of weeks time ;)

steelheadmike
03-12-2003, 10:14 AM
Adrian

Your welcome to join when we take the boat out at the end of this month or early next month. Just a little customizing left to do ( sonar / gps and rod holders ) and we will be ready for action. Just give me a heads up if when you are free.

I may be heading out on Friday 4/4 with a very well known LI Guide to show him the fishery but other than the schedule is wide open.